Answered! Do Hidden Photos Transfer to New iPhone?
Do hidden photos transfer to new iPhone? How can you transfer hidden photos to new iPhone from the old one? Here in this guide, you are given answers to the two questions, together with detailed instructions.
Upgrading to a new iPhone is an exciting experience, but it comes with the task of ensuring all your data, including hidden photos, seamlessly transfers to the new device. Many users wonder if the hidden photos they carefully protected on their old iPhone will carry over to the new one.
In this article, we'll delve into the specifics of whether hidden photos transfer to a new iPhone and explore the methods to ensure a smooth transition for your private and cherished images. After that, on your new device, you can also put password on hidden photos on iPhone.
Do hidden photos transfer to new iPhone?
When you upgrade to a new iPhone, the process typically involves transferring data from your old device to the new one. However, the specific transfer of hidden photos depends on the method you choose and the tools you utilize during the migration. Let's explore how different methods handle the transfer of hidden photos:
• iCloud Backup
If you used to rely on iCloud backup to seamlessly transfer data between iPhones. Hidden photos should transfer to the new iPhone if you've included the "Photos" option in your iCloud Backup settings. iCloud Backup is designed to replicate your device's existing state, including hidden photos.
• iTunes Backup
If you prefer using iTunes or Finder on macOS Catalina and later to create encrypted backups, an iTunes or Finder backup should also include hidden photos as long as the backup process is comprehensive.
• Third-party transfer tool
Third-party tools like FoneTool offer alternative methods for data transfer. The transfer features of the third-party tools provide options to transfer only hidden photos or everything to new iPhone from the old one.
How to transfer hidden photos to new iPhone
After getting a definitive answer to the question - do hidden photos transfer to new iPhone, it's time to know how you can transfer hidden photos to new iPhone. Let's delve into the step-by-step process of ensuring your hidden photos accompany you to your new iPhone.
iCloud now offers you free temporary iCloud storage to help you create a complete backup for iPhone, and transfer files to new iPhone since iOS 15. You can rely on the function to transfer hidden photos, as well as other files, from old iPhone to the new one. Here are the detailed steps.
Complete backup iPhone with iCloud
Go to the Settings app on your old iPhone > Choose General > Locate the Transfer or Reset iPhone box and tap Get Started to start a complete backup.
Transfer hidden photos to new iPhone using iCloud
To transfer hidden photos to new iPhone using iCloud, your new iPhone should start from the initial setup page.
If you have already set up your iPhone, you can go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Tap Erase All Content and Settings to erase your iPhone and restart the setup process.
• Follow the initial setup prompts on your new iPhone until you reach the Apps & Data screen.
• Select the Restore from iCloud Backup option and sign in with your Apple ID.
• Choose the iCloud Backup that includes your hidden photos and complete the setup process.
• When asked, sign in with your account to restore your purchases and apps.
Stay connected to Wi-Fi, wait for the process to complete, finish the setup, and you can go to the Photos app to check whether your hidden photos have been transferred.
iTunes offers you a full backup and restore service, enabling you to transfer hidden photos and all other files to new iPhone without the network impact.
Check and update iTunes to the latest version by going to iTunes Help > Check for Updates. Then, follow the steps below to transfer hidden photos to new iPhone by restoring iTunes backup.
Backup old iPhone by iTunes
• Connect your old iPhone to computer with USB and launch iTunes.
• Click the device icon under menu bar > Choose Summary > Optionally, check Encrypt local backup > Tap Back Up Now to get a new backup for your old iPhone.
Restore hidden photos to new iPhone by iTunes
• Set up your new iPhone until you access the Apps & Data screen. Choose Restore from Mac or PC.
• Connect your new iPhone to computer. On the Welcome to Your New iPhone screen, choose Restore from this backup > Select the right backup and click Continue.
• If you encrypted the backup, enter the password. Keep iPhone connected to computer until the process is completed.
If you just want to transfer hidden photos to new iPhone, you may find that iCloud and iTunes may be not suitable. Besides, you cannot transfer hidden photos if you are using different Apple IDs on two iPhones.
In such cases, you may need FoneTool, a professional data transfer tool for iOS devices. It helps transfer wanted photos from iPhone to iPhone. Optionally, you are also given a way to transfer from iPhone to new iPhone without iCloud/iTunes backup.
More info: How to Transfer iPhone to iPhone Without iCloud (4 Methods)
Free download the tool to your computer, and follow the two steps below to transfer hidden photos to new iPhone: Import hidden photos from old iPhone to PC ➡ Transfer hidden photos to new iPhone
Step 1. Import hidden photos from old iPhone to PC
• Connect old iPhone to PC with USB > Launch FoneTool, and click Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to PC and click Get Started.
• Check Photos > Locate your Hidden albums to preview and choose photos you’d like to transfer > Click OK to confirm.
• Choose a storage to save the photos > Click Start Transfer to begin.
Step 2. Transfer hidden photos to new iPhone
• Unplug old iPhone and plug in the new iPhone to PC > Choose PC to iPhone, and click Get Started.
• Click the Photos tab. Here, you can add the photos you just saved to computer > Click Start Transfer, and wait for the task to complete.
Do hidden photos transfer to new iPhone? The answer to the question is, of course, yes. In conclusion, the transfer of hidden photos to a new iPhone is contingent on the method you choose for migration.
Whether using iCloud Backup, iTunes or Finder backup, or third-party tools like FoneTool, by following the outlined steps and tips, you can ensure a seamless transition, allowing your hidden photos to find a new home on the latest iPhone.
Always remember to double-check settings, verify the completeness of your backups, and enjoy the continuity of your cherished memories on your upgraded device.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported