Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android Without Google Drive
The article revolves around the process of transferring WhatsApp data from one Android device to another without utilizing Google Drive. It details alternative methods or tools available for users seeking to migrate their WhatsApp data, including chats, media, and other content, between Android devices without relying on Google Drive as an intermediary.
Why need to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android without Google Drive?
There could be various reasons why someone might want to transfer WhatsApp data from one Android device to another without using Google Drive:
Privacy Concerns: Some individuals might be concerned about storing their data on cloud services due to privacy reasons. They might prefer to keep their data stored locally on their devices rather than on a cloud server like Google Drive.
Limited Storage: Google Drive provides limited free storage space, and if someone has already reached their storage limit or prefers not to use it for WhatsApp backups, they might opt for an alternative method.
Control Over Data: For some users, having direct control over their data without relying on cloud services feels more secure. They might prefer to handle the transfer directly without involving third-party cloud storage.
Internet Connectivity: In some cases, users might have limited or no access to a stable internet connection. Therefore, transferring WhatsApp data without using cloud services would be a more feasible option.
To perform a transfer without Google Drive, individuals can use methods like local backups, third-party software, or manual transfer of files between devices using a computer. These methods usually involve creating a local backup on the source device and transferring the backup file to the destination device for restoration.
How to manually transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android without Google Drive
Transferring WhatsApp data from one Android device to another without using Google Drive involves creating a local backup on the source device and then transferring that backup to the new device. Here's a step-by-step guide:
Steps to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android without Google Drive:
On the Source Android Device:
Create a Local Backup:
- Open WhatsApp on your old Android device.
- Go to Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
- Tap "BACK UP" to create a local backup of your chats, media, and other data.
Locate the WhatsApp Backup File:
- Use a file manager app on your Android device to locate the WhatsApp backup file.
- The backup files are usually stored in the
/WhatsApp/Databasesfolder on your device's internal storage.
Copy the Backup File to the New Device:
- Connect your old Android device to a computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the entire "WhatsApp" folder (which contains the backup files) from the old device's internal storage to your computer.
On the New Android Device:
Transfer WhatsApp Backup from Computer to New Device:
- Connect the new Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the "WhatsApp" folder from your computer to the internal storage of the new device.
Install WhatsApp on the New Device:
- Download and install WhatsApp from the Google Play Store on your new Android device.
Restore WhatsApp Data:
- Open WhatsApp after installation.
- During the setup process, verify your phone number.
- When prompted, WhatsApp will ask if you want to restore chats from the local backup found on your device.
- Tap "RESTORE" to initiate the restoration process.
- Wait for the restoration process to complete. This might take a while, especially if you have a large backup.
- Once finished, your chats, media, and other WhatsApp data should be available on the new Android device.
- Ensure that both devices have enough free space to accommodate the WhatsApp data.
- The backup file should be from the same phone number and WhatsApp account.
- This method transfers the chats and media but doesn't transfer your WhatsApp account itself. You'll still need to verify your phone number on the new device.
Remember, without Google Drive, this method uses local storage to transfer WhatsApp data between Android devices.
Bonus: How to transfer other data from Android to Android
FoneTool for Android stands as a robust data transfer application that enables effortless sharing of photos, videos, music, contacts, and diverse files across multiple Android devices like Pixel, Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, and others.
This application operates independently of Wi-Fi connections or cellular data, ensuring rapid data transfers without consuming network resources. It offers swift transfer speeds, which effectively saves valuable time. Additionally, for users seeking iPhone-to-Android data migration, FoneTool facilitates seamless data transfers from iPhone to devices such as Pixel.
To initiate the process, download the app on your Android devices via the provided link and follow these steps:
Step 1. Open the app on both Android devices and enable WLAN functionality (Wi-Fi option only, no need to connect to a Wi-Fi network).
Step 2. Access "Connect Device" and tap on the device name displayed on either device to establish a connection.
Step 3. On the source Android device, access "File Transfer," select the desired data for transfer, and tap "Send."
Step 4. On the target device, click "Confirm" to receive the files. Once the transfer completes, verify the received files in the Photos app.
The passage highlights the reasons and methods for transferring WhatsApp data from one Android device to another without using Google Drive. It outlines several motivations for avoiding Google Drive, such as privacy concerns, limited storage, the desire for direct data control, and the absence of a stable internet connection. The process involves creating a local backup on the source device, transferring it to the new device via a computer, and restoring the backup within WhatsApp on the new device.
Additionally, the passage offers insights into an alternative data transfer tool called FoneTool for Android. This tool facilitates the seamless transfer of various data types between Android devices, utilizing WLAN (Wi-Fi) connectivity for swift and efficient transfers. The steps provided guide users through the process of using FoneTool to transfer data between devices without relying on internet connectivity.
Overall, the passage offers a comprehensive guide for transferring WhatsApp data manually between Android devices without using Google Drive and presents an alternative tool for broader data transfer needs.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported