Can’t Delete Music from iPhone? Find Solutions Here
Can’t delete music from iPhone? Read this guide to see why you can’t delete music from iPhone and how to solove this problem.
Problem: can’t delete music from iPhone
To create more storage space on your device, you can delete downloaded songs in Apple Music app.
- Firstly, launch the Apple Music app and move to your Library.
- Then, tap Downloaded to access your downloads.
- After that, locate the song, album, or music video that you want to get rid of.
- Touch and hold the unwanted songs, then tap Remove. Proceed to Remove Download to delete the item from only this device or select Delete from Library to erase the item across all devices.
However, you find that you can’t delete music from iPhone. Don’t worry too much! Just keep reading to find the solutions.
Why can’t delete music from iPhone?
Can’t delete music from iPhone?
❌ If you are experiencing difficulty in removing songs from your iPhone, the issue could be that the songs are synced from iTunes. In this case, you should turn off the sync.
Can’t delete music from iPhone in iTunes?
❌ Your ability to delete songs from iTunes may be impeded by the automatic syncing feature.
❌ In some cases, iTunes may malfunction and prevent you from deleting songs from your iPhone, often due to issues with its library or components.
❌ It is important to note that songs purchased directly from your iPhone cannot be deleted through iTunes, so you may need to look for alternative solutions.
How to fix can’t delete music from iPhone
When you meet can’t delete music from iPhone problem, you can try the following methods to troubleshoot the problem.
Tip 1. Restart iPhone and computer
If you come across can’t delete music from iPhone problem, a useful solution is to restart your devices. This can eliminate any system errors that may have led to the problem. To force restart your iPhone, you can follow the steps below:
iPhone 8 or later: Press the volume + button and then quickly release. Press the volume - button and then quickly release. Press the side button for seconds until you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press both the power button and volume - button for seconds until you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 6s or earlier: Press both the power button and the Home button for seconds until you see the Apple logo.
Tip 2. Update iOS
In the event that you are experiencing difficulty deleting photos from your iPhone, an outdated iOS version may be the culprit. To resolve this issue, it's highly recommended that you update your iPhone to the latest iOS version.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down until you find and select the "General" option.
- Look for the "Software Update" section and tap it.
- If an update is detected, click on "Download and Install" to initiate the process. Keep in mind that the size of the update can affect the duration of the download and installation, so be patient.
Tip 3. Update iTunes
Can’t delete music from iPhone in iTunes? One of the best ways to fix this problem is to ensure that you have updated your iTunes to its most recent version.
- You can update it by navigating to the "Help" option in the menu bar of iTunes, followed by clicking on "Check for updates".
- Alternatively, you could get the latest version from the Microsoft Store.
Tip 4. Delete music via Settings app
If you can’t delete downloaded music from iPhone in Apple Music app, you can try to delete music via Settings app.
- To get started, open the app and navigate to the General section.
- Then go to iPhone Storage.
- Locate Music from the list of items, and select it.
- Next, swipe left on either the All Songs category or the specific item you wish to delete.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
Tip 5. Turn off auto sync
When you can’t delete music from iPhone in iTunes, you can turn off the auto sync.
To do this, head over to the Summary tab and choose "Sync only checked songs and videos".
Then navigate to the Music tab and choose "Sync Music" and "Entire Music Library." After that, leave the iPhone section and visit the main music list on iTunes. Choose only the songs that you want to sync and disable others. Lastly, synchronize your iPhone to apply changes.
Tip 6. Try other tools to delete music
If you still can’t delete music from iPhone, you can use other methods to deal with it. FoneTool proves to be an effective solution. You can use this tool to backup important music and quickly delete all photos.
Backup important songs:
1. Lanuch iTunes and plug in your iPhone.
2. Go to Phone Transfer > iPhone to PC.
3. Select the songs you want to back up. It is able to transfer both purchased and non-purchased songs.
4. Click Start Transfer to move your songs to computer.
Delete all music from iPhone:
1. Choose Toolbox > Choose Data Eraser > Go to Erase private data.
2. Select Music or other files you want to delete > You can enable Deep Erase Technology to deeply erase your music.
3. Finally, click Start Erase to delete music from iPhone.
Bonus tip: another easy way to add music to iPhone
To manage your devices and sync music from your computer to your iPhone, iTunes is the official tool you can use. However, its complicated interface and operation can be quite overwhelming. If you wish to avoid the frustrating “can’t delete music from iPhone” issue, you can consider using another tool to transfer your music.
FoneTool presents itself as an easier and safer alternative that can help you transfer music from computer to iPhone with ease.
● Whether you want to transfer all your songs at once or only selected ones, you can do so without the fear of erasing existing songs or any other data on your device.
● In addition, FoneTool also supports data transfer between different Apple IDs. Therefore, you can easily transfer songs from your family's computer to your iPhone without complications.
1. Start by downloading the FoneTool software.
2. Once installed, connect your iPhone to the computer and enter the passcode to grant the software access to your device.
3. From the Home screen of the software, select the Phone Transfer option located on the left-hand side of the interface. Then, choose "PC to iPhone" and click Start Transfer.
4. On the next screen, select the Music icon and proceed by dragging and dropping the desired songs to the box. Alternatively, you can browse your computer and select the tracks you wish to transfer.
5. Finally, click Start Transfer to initiate the music transfer from your computer to your iPhone.
There are a variety of reasons that could cause the “can’t delete music from iPhone” problem, ranging from outdated software and technical glitches to wrong settings, and so on. Luckily, this guide outlines numerous methods that may assist you in resolving the issue.
If none of these methods work, you may always seek assistance from Apple Support. Alternatively, you can remove all of your photos by using FoneTool.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported