[Quick Guide] How to Delete All Photos from iPhone 14/13/12
This guide will show you how to delete all photos from iPhone, you can choose to delete or keep the photos stored in iCloud.
Can you delete all photos from iPhone?
Having a large number of photos stored on your iPhone could potentially cause your device to slow down. Additionally, although your iPhone includes a free iCloud account, it provides only 5GB of storage, which may not be sufficient for all of your photos and videos.
Deleting a single photo from your iPhone is easy as pie with Apple's user-friendly interface. However, when it comes to removing the entirety of your photo collection in one fell swoop, the process becomes more complex. This requires overcoming potential obstacles, such as inadvertently deleting photos from iCloud. If you want to know how to delete all photos from iPhone quickly, allow me to guide you through the steps.
How to delete all photos from iPhone directly
Selecting and removing all photos from an iPhone can be a daunting task. The process becomes arduously slow when you have to individually tap on each picture in a large Photos library. Even with the swipe method, it still takes several seconds to select multiple items. Unfortunately, there is no convenient shortcut to quickly select all photos at once.
Deleting all of your photos at once on Apple devices can be a bit tricky since there isn't a built-in "select all" option. However, there is a simple workaround that you can use. Let’s see how to remove all photos from iPhone directly.
1. Open Photos app and go to your library.
2. Tap the top of your iPhone's screen, which will instantly scroll you to the top of the Photos library.
2. Next, locate and tap the Select button at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. To efficiently select all photos, start with the top-left thumbnail and press down while swiping diagonally to the right. Make sure to keep your finger against the screen near the bottom edge, being careful not to slide off onto the bezel.
4. By doing this, the iPhone will continue scrolling down, allowing you to select more and more pictures as long as you keep your finger on the screen.
5. Eventually, it will reach the bottom of the page and stop scrolling automatically. It takes a few seconds to scroll through a library containing a thousand photos, and even longer for a truly extensive library.
6. Once all items are selected, you can delete all iPhone photos by tapping on the trash can icon and confirming the deletion, but it should be noted that they will not be instantly removed.
How to delete all photos from iPhone permanently
To permanently remove photos from your iPhone, follow these steps to empty the Recently Deleted folder:
1. In Photos app, navigate to the bottom of the screen and tap on "Albums".
2. Next, scroll down until you reach the Utilities section, where you will find the option "Recently Deleted".
3. Once you've selected this option, locate the top right corner of the screen and tap on "Select".
4. To completely remove all items in the folder, you can tap on "Delete All" located in the bottom left corner. F
5. Finally, confirm the deletion to ensure that the items are permanently eliminated.
How to delete all photos from iPhone at once
If you want to remove all photos from your iPhone permanently, FoneTool offers a highly efficient solution. This iPhone eraser tool is user-friendly and easy to use. With FoneTool, you can swiftly and securely get rid of any unwanted photos on your device. It allows you to delete all photos at once, ensuring that they are completely deleted and cannot be recovered in any way.
See how to delete all photos from iPhone at once with FoneTool:
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable.
2. Locate the Toolbox option and navigate to Data Eraser.
3. Within Data Eraser, select the Erase private data feature.
4. Select photos and you can enable Deep Erase Technology.
5. Finally, click the Start Erase button to begin the erasure process.
💡 FoneTool also supports data transfer between iPhone and computer. In case you will need the photos in the further, you can go to Phone Transfer > iPhone to PC to transfer photos from iPhone to computer/flash drive/external drive as a backup.
How to delete all photos from iPhone but not iCloud
If you want to save your photos in iCloud as a backup, then you may want to know how to delete all photos from iPhone but not iCloud. In this case, you can turn off iCloud sync to achieve the goal.
Disabling iCloud Photos offers two choices: "Remove Photos from iPhone" or "Download Photos & Videos". You can choose the former option to quickly delete all photos from your iPhone. Your photos will continue to be stored in iCloud, and you can go to icloud.com to view them!
To turn off iCloud Photos, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Settings app and tap on your name.
2. Select iCloud > Go to Photos and switch off iCloud Photos. In the latest iOS versions, you should turn off Sync This iPhone option.
3. Finally, choose to delete all photos from iPhone.
FAQs about deleting all photos from iPhone
Q: How long does it take to delete all photos from an iPhone?
A: The time required to delete all photos from an iPhone can vary depending on the number of photos and the device's processing speed. Generally, it should only take a few minutes to delete a large number of photos. If you want to quickly delete all photos at once, try FoneTool.
Q: Will deleting all photos from my iPhone also delete them from iCloud?
A: If you have enabled iCloud Photos, deleting photos from your iPhone will also remove them from iCloud and all your connected devices.
Q: Can I delete photos from my iPhone and still keep them on my computer?
A: Yes, you can transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer using various methods like iCloud or FoneTool. Once they are safely stored on your computer, you can delete them from your iPhone.
That’s all about how to delete photos from iPhone. Once you have all the relevant information, you will be able to understand the process of deleting photos on iPhone more clearly. Unfortunately, there isn't a simple and fast method to remove all pictures at once from your iPhone. If you want to delete all photos from iPhone at once, you can let FoneTool help you quickly delete all photos on a computer.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported