We rely on our phones more than ever, and what's on them may be more important than the phones themselves. Therefore, when changing phones, we need to transfer data. When it comes to Android phone to Apple iPhone transfer, Move to iOS is the first choice. This app can help us transfer almost everything wirelessly.
The wireless transfer generally requires the use of WiFi. However, you may not be able to connect to WiFi, maybe your old Android phone can't connect to WiFi, or there is no WiFi where you are right now. So here’s the question, does Move to iOS need WiFi? This article will answer your question in detail.
Does Move to iOS need WiFi?
Does Move to iOS use WiFi? In short, the answer is Yes.
If you want to use Move to iOS to transfer data from Android to iPhone, you need to download Move to iOS app on your Android phone. If WiFi is not available, you can also use cellular data to download the app. However, to start the transfer, your phones must be connected to WiFi.
You need to connect your Android phone and iPhone to the same WiFi. Or you can connect your Android phone to your iPhone’s hotspot. Either way, both phones need to be connected to WiFi, and you should make sure they are connected to the same network.
Does Move to iOS need to stay on WiFi?
In order to make the Move to iOS to start the transfer, you need to use WiFi, so do you also need to use WiFi during the transfer? Does Move to iOS need to stay on WiFi? The answer is Yes.
Apple says that you should keep your devices near each other, stay on WiFi and plug into power until the transfer completes. If the WiFi is disconnected or you switch WiFi network, the transfer will get stuck or even fail. For Move to iOS to work perfectly, the WiFi connection must be strong and stable.
Can you use Move to iOS without WiFi?
Through the above, you may already know the answer to this question. You can’t use Move to iOS without WiFi. The Move to iOS requires WiFi to connect your devices so the data on the Android phone can be transferred to your new iPhone. But does this mean that WiFi is necessary to transfer data to iPhone? Not exactly.
It’s possible to transfer data from Android to iPhone without WiFi. You can first export data from Android phone to computer and then transfer data to iPhone. In addition, there are some AirDrop-like apps that can help you transfer data wirelessly. Just keep reading to learn more.
How to transfer data from Android to iPhone without WiFi
If there is no WiFi available, you can try these two methods to transfer data from Android to iPhone manually. While they can't help you transfer all your data on Android phone, important data such as contacts, photos, videos and music are no problem.
Way 1. Transfer data from Android to iPhone with FoneTool
If you have a computer at hand, you can transfer data from Android to iPhone with cable. First export data from Android phone to computer and then transfer data to your new iPhone.
Export data from Android phone
- Connect Android phone to computer via USB cable > Go to This PC > Open your device > Open Internal Storage to find the data you need and copy them to computer.
- If you want to export contacts, you should first export your contacts to Internal Storage. Go to Contacts app on your phone > Tap More > Select Settings > Choose Export vCard.
Transfer data to new iPhone
Usually, iTunes can help you sync data to iPhone. However, iTunes sync will erase the existing data on the device. To safely transfer data to new iPhone, you can use FoneTool, one professional iPhone data management tool for Windows PC. It will not erase any existing data on your iPhone.
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
2. Choose Phone Transfer > Go to PC to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
3. Click Photos, Videos, Music or Contacts button (click Photos if you want to transfer photos) > Drag the files to the box or click anywhere in the box to select the files you need.
4. Finally, click Start Transfer.
Way 2. Transfer data from Android to iPhone with AirDrop-like app
If you do not have a computer at hand, you can use AirDrop-like apps like SHAREit to transfer data from Android to iPhone. This tool does not require WiFi connection to do the transfer.
1. Download SHAREit on Android phone and iPhone.
2. Open SHAREit on two phones.
3. On old Android phone, tap SEND > select the files you need > tap Send > choose the device type “iOS” and then it will show you the hotspot.
4. Connect your new iPhone to the hotspot > tap Receive to accept the transfer.
📝 The AirDrop-like app can also help you transfer data between iPhone and computer wirelessly. You can refer to these guides to learn more:
AirDrop for Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 Free Download
How to AirDrop Files from iPhone 14 to Windows 11/10/8/7
[2023 Guide] How to Use AirDrop on Windows 11
Does Move to iOS need WiFi? The answer is Yes. Move to iOS requires a stable Wi-Fi network to transfer your data. If there is no WiFi, you can first set up your new iPhone and then transfer some important data via FoneTool or AirDrop-like apps.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad