Fastest Way to Transfer Files from Android to PC Wirelessly
This guide will tell you how to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly. You definitely can find the best way!
Data and file transfer between Android phones and Windows PCs have become commonplace. In most cases, you can complete the transfer via USB cable. However, you may be wondering how to complete the transfer wirelessly.
Here in this guide, I’ll tell you how to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly. Review all the methods provided below and choose the one that best meets your requirements.
How to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly - Bluetooth
One convenient way to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly is through Bluetooth. Though widely used, it is not the most straightforward method to complete this task. Moreover, it has limitations regarding the types of files it can transfer and involves a lengthy process. If you prefer offline transfer, then it may be the best way to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly.
Step 1. Open Bluetooth on both your PC and Android phone
- On your Android, navigate to "Settings" and select "Bluetooth" to activate it. Make sure your Android device is set to be discoverable via Bluetooth.
- On your PC, go to the "Start" menu, then navigate to "Settings" and select "Devices". From there, click on "Bluetooth & other devices".
Step 2. Pair your Android phone and PC
Now it's time to pair your devices. Locate your Android device in the list of available devices on your PC.
- Click on the "Pair" button next to it. Your Android phone and PC will display a passcode.
- Verify that the codes match on both devices.
- Then, on your Android phone, tap "OK" and on your PC, click "Yes".
Step 3. Share files from Android to PC wirelessly
Once your devices are successfully paired, you can start sending and receiving files.
On your Android phone, follow these steps:
- Select "Send or receive files via Bluetooth" on your Android.
- Choose "Send files" and select your PC.
- Click "Next", then "Finish".
- Select "Browse" to locate the files you want to send to your PC.
- Click "Open" and then tap "Next" to initiate the transfer.
- Once the transfer is complete, click "Finish" on your Android phone.
On your PC, follow these steps:
- Select "Send or receive files via Bluetooth".
- Choose "Receive files".
- Select the destination location to save the incoming files.
- Click "Finish" to complete the process.
How to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly - Chats
Sharing files through chat platforms is a widely used and convenient method. Popular messaging such as Skype and WhatsApp offers the ability to send documents and multimedia files effortlessly. The process is straightforward: you send the file in a chat from one device and receive it on another. It is suitable for various file formats, including archived files, PDFs, and other documents.
However, it is important to note that this method is more efficient for smaller files like photos and documents, as uploading and downloading larger files may be time-consuming. When you want to transfer one or two files, it can be the fastest way to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly.
Step 1: Begin by accessing your WhatsApp account on your Android device in order to initiate the process of transferring an image.
Step 2: Locate and select the attachment icon, positioned below, to attach the desired file for sending. After successfully attaching the file, proceed by clicking on the send button.
Step 3: Moving over to your personal computer, log in to WhatsApp.web and ensure you are signed into your account. Once logged in, navigate to the option to download the file from this platform.
How to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly - Cloud Services
When faced with the need to transfer a considerable amount of files that exceed the limits of email, Bluetooth, or messaging, utilizing cloud storage emerges as the most effective approach.
The market is flooded with a multitude of cloud service providers, and chances are you have already registered for one of them. In case you haven't, some widely recognized names in this field include Google Drive, Box.com, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
Step 1: To get started, first, log into your account on your Android and iPhone.
Step 2: On your Android phone, upload any type of data, whether it's images, documents, or audio files, onto the cloud service. You have two options: either download the app or log in directly to the website of the service provider.
Step 3: Once the files are successfully uploaded to the cloud server, you can easily access and download them directly from your PC or laptop.
How to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly - Email
To transfer a small file from your Android device to your computer, you can make use of a registered email account. But it's important to remember that when initiating the transfer, be aware that the majority of emails have a maximum attachment limit of 25 MB.
Let’s see how to use email to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly.
Step 1: On your Android phone, create a new email and attach the file you wish to transfer.
Step 2: Once you have successfully sent the file, you can now log in to your email account on your laptop or personal computer. It's important to note that there are two methods to retrieve the file: you can either access the sender's account or the recipient's account.
- If you choose to log into the sender's account, navigate to the "sent" tab and locate the email you previously sent. From there, you can proceed to download the data.
- On the other hand, if you opt for the recipient's account, the file should be readily available in the inbox.
That’s all about how to transfer files from Android to PC wirelessly. Whether you're looking to transfer files from your Android device to your PC wirelessly for any reason, this tutorial provides practical methods that can assist you in achieving your goal.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported