[4 Ways]How to Download Music on iPad for Free
Want to download music on iPad for free but don’t know how? You may need this guide to know how to download music on iPad for free using iTunes, FoneTool, and third-party music app.
The iPad, with its expansive display and immersive audio capabilities, is an ideal device for enjoying music on the go. While there are numerous ways to acquire music, finding ways to download your favorite tunes for free remains a sought-after pursuit.
In this article, we will explore four distinct methods to learn how to download music on iPad for free utilizing different tools.
Part 1. How to download music on iPad for free from PC
Downloading songs to iPad is easy if you have a working computer. Whenever you want to download music to iPad, you can use iTunes or other powerful transfer tools to transfer music to iPad.
How to download music to iPad? Please refer to the following content for the solution.
1# How to download music on iPad for free - iTunes
iTunes, Apple's flagship media player and library application, has been a cornerstone for iOS users to manage music collections. While iTunes itself offers a vast array of content for purchase, there are ways to leverage it to download and sync free music from some external source.
Before learning how to transfer music from iTunes to iPad, there are some limitations you should pay attention to:
• Users can only pair the iPad with one computer, restricting the freedom to add music from different computers.
• Existing media files on the iPad will be deleted and replaced by the synced items during the transfer. Caution is needed to avoid losing important data after the sync.
Follow the steps below to know how to download from iTunes for free for iPad: Add music from computer to iTunes Library > Sync music to iPad.
Step 1. Add Music to iTunes Library
• Make sure you’ve installed the latest version of iTunes on your PC > Run iTunes and plug in your iPad.
• Click the phone icon > Summary > Uncheck the option Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected and check the option Manually manage music and video > Click Apply.
• Click File option > Choose Add File/Folder to Library... from drop-down list to add music files to iTunes that you want to add to iPad.
Step 2. Download Music from Computer to iPad
• Click Music > Check Sync Music > Choose to sync Entire music library or Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.
• Click Apply to sync music to iPad.
If you want to transfer selected songs without syncing, you can click Music in the menu bar > Songs to select the song from your iTunes library > Drag your song from the library to your iPad device, as the screenshot shows.
2# How to download/transfer music on iPad from PC - FoneTool
FoneTool stands out as a versatile third-party tool that goes beyond iTunes, offering a comprehensive suite of features for iOS device management, including music transfer. If you are looking for how to download music on iPad for free without iTunes, FoneTool must be one of the best tools you can utilize.
Easy-to-use software - This interface is intuitive and simplifies the transfer process. Anyone can easily copy their music to their iPad.
No data loss - What FoneTool differs from iTunes most is that it won't erase any music tracks.
Fast and stable transfer - Besides, the transfer speed is much faster than iTunes. Thousands of songs can be transferred in minutes.
Great compatibility - FoneTool perfectly works well with all iPad models, you can also manage your iPhone/iPod files using FoneTool.
FoneTool can enable you to transfer music from any source, like music downloaded from the website, saved in CD, USB, etc. Now, let’s see how to transfer music from computer to iPad using FoneTool.
Step 1. Download and launch FoneTool > Plug your iPad into the computer.
Step 2. On the main interface of the FoneTool, choose Phone Transfer > Move the mouse to PC to iPhone and click Get Started.
Step 3. Click the Music icon on the page, and drag and drop your music to this FoneTool interface.
Step 4. Check all the listed songs, and click the Start Transfer button to get them to your iPad.
Part 2. How to download music on iPad for free directly
If you don't have a computer nearby, you can learn how to download music to iPad without a computer in this part. You can install music apps (e.g. Spotify) directly on your iPad to download MP3.
3# How to download music on iPad Apple Music
Can Apple Music be played offline? The answer is yes, but only if you subscribe to Apple Music. Firstly, add music from Apple Music, and download for offline listening.
Step 1. Open the Apple Music app > Find music that you want to add to library.
• For an albums or playlist, tap plus icon
• For a song, tap the three-dot icon > Tap Add to Library.
Step 2. To download music to your iPad,
• Tap download icon at the top of an album or playlist.
• Tap the three-dot icon next to a song, then tap Download.
4# How to download music on iPad for free - Third-party music app
Various third-party music apps like Spotify, SoundCloud, and Audiomack offer free downloads, providing an extensive library of songs without the need for a computer. Just for example, this part will show you how to download music on Spotify for free on iPad.
Step 1. Add wanted music to a new playlist
To download individual music files on Spotify, you must first add them to a new playlist.
• Open the Spotify app > Find the song you wish to download.
• Now tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner and select Add to playlist.
• From the following menu, tap New Playlist to add the song you want to download.
Step 2. Download music from Spotify to iPad
• After making a new playlist, return to the home screen and tap Your Library at the bottom right corner.
• Find the playlist you just created and tap it.
• Finally, press the downward arrow (download) button to download the playlist. Since you’ll only have one song in that playlist, that song will be individually downloaded.
That concludes four ways on how to download music on iPad for free using different tools. The choice ultimately depends on your preferences, whether you seek variety, control, or immediate accessibility. Whichever method you choose, revel in the melodies that elevate your iPad experience to new heights.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported