Need to transfer music from iTunes Library to iPod?
iPod is a famous music player attracting lots of users. Especially the iPod Touch models, it is a wonderful device to enjoy music and play games due to its great portability and large storage.
If you want to send your iTunes music library to your iPod Touch, in this post, we will walk you through the details steps of copying iTunes music to your iPod Touch.
How to transfer music from iTunes to iPod Touch in Windows 10/11/8/7
Firstly you can make sure your music is added to your iTunes library. If they are not, here are how to add music to iTunes library: Click “Files” on the iTunes top menu > Click “Add File to Library”. And you can follow the instruction to add your music to iTunes library.
Method 1. How to directly sync iTunes Library to iPod
After add your music to iTunes library, you can sync your songs to your iPod. If you need to manually transfer files to iPod, you can refer to Method 2.
Step 1. Connect your iPod Touch to your computer.
Step 2. Run iTunes, and click the Music icon on the left pane.
Step 3. Check the “Sync Music” and choose “Select music from iTunes library”.
Step 4. Click the “Apply” button to sync.
Method 2. How to manually transfer music from iTunes to iPod Touch without syncing
iTunes offers the “Manually manage music and videos” option that allows you to drag and drop songs to iOS without syncing.
Step 1. Run iTunes, and click the device icon.
Step 2. Choose “Summary” on the left pane. And check “Manually manage music and videos” and disable automatic sync. Then click “Apply” to save the change.
Step 3. Now click Music on the top of the iTunes.
Step 4. Click “Songs” on the Library section.
Step 5. Then you can view your iTunes Library. Drag your song from the library to your iPod Touch device as the screenshot shows.
Bonus tip: Easier way to transfer music to iPod Touch without syncing
iTunes is always be criticized for illogical interface and slowing transfer speed. And sometimes, you may encounter some problems like iPod won’t load music when syncing with iTunes. Besides, iTunes won’t let you transfer non-purchased music.
Here we would like to recommend a professional iPod music transfer software named FoneTool. It helps you transfer easily import songs to iPod Touch without syncing.
Compared with iTunes, it has various advantages, such as
• Easy-to-use software: This interface is intuitive simplify the transfer process. Anyone can easily copy their music to their iPod Touch.
• Fast and stable transfer: The transfer speed is much faster than iTunes.
• Great compatibility: FoneTool perfectly work with all iPod Touch models, you can transfer music from computer (iTunes) to all iPod Touch, including 7th / 6th / 4th gnerations, as well as iPhone, iPad.
• Export music to computer: iTunes performs one-way synchronization. But FoneTool also help you transfer music to computer.
You can hit the download button to download and install FoneTool. And follow the guide below to know how to copy music to your iPod Touch.
Tip: You may need to firstly move songs from iTunes to your computer. You can consolidate files in the iTunes folder and find iTunes playlist. Go to this page to know the details: [Detailed Guide] How to Move Songs from iTunes to Windows Computer Folder
Step 1. Connect your iPod Touch to your computer via a USB cable.
Step 2. On the main interface of the FoneTool, choose “Phone Transfer” > Move the mouse to “PC to iPhone” and click the “Start Transfer”.
Step 3. Click the Music icon on the page, and drag and drop your music to this FoneTool interface.
Step 4. Check all the listed songs, and click the “Start Transfer” button to get them to your iPod Touch.
Just wait for a while, your iTunes library will be moved to your iPod Touch.
This is how to transfer music from iTunes to iPod Touch. After transferring, you can have your music collection on your iPod and enjoy them wherever you go. But as you can see, iTunes can be the best choice to add songs to your iDevice. It comes with an easy-to-use interface and it won’t delete any items on your device.
Besides, it comes with many other features to help you manage your iOS data. If you need, you can also transfer photos from computer to iPhone.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad