Want to transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp?
Without a doubt, WhatsApp is the most widely used instant messaging service in the world. It lets us easily connect with family, friends, clients, etc. To satisfy those who want to customize their WhatsApp experience, a third-party developer released GBWhatsApp, which provides many features that are absent in normal WhatsApp.
Although GBWhatsApp offers a lot of features, it also has obvious disadvantages. You need to uninstall and reinstall GBWhatsApp to update it. What’s worse, using GBWhatsApp may result in your account being suspended or temporarily disabled because it is not licensed by the original WhatsApp developers.
Due to the limitations of GBWhatsApp, you have decided to go back to normal WhatsApp. But how about all the chats in GBWhatsApp? There must be lots of important messages you don’t want to lose. Fortunately, it’s possible to transfer GBWhatsApp data to WhatsApp. Just keep reading to get the detailed steps.
How to transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp
Here are two ways that can help you transfer chats from GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp. You can read first and then choose one to follow according to your situation.
Way 1. Transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp via backup and restore
To transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp, you can first backup your chats in GBWhatsApp and then restore the backup to WhatsApp. However, some users said that this method is ineffective. Whatever, you can give it a try.
1. Open GBWhatsApp on your device > Go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Tap BACK UP to make a backup.
2. Download WhatsApp on your phone but do not set it up.
3. Go to File Manager > Find GBWhatsApp folder and open it > Go to Databases folder and find the backup you created.
4. Rename the backup file to msgstore.db > Take a copy of that file.
5. Go to WhatsApp folder > Choose Databases folder and paste the file.
6. Open your WhatsApp and restore the backup.
Way 2. Transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp via transfer tool
Another way to transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp is to use a third-party transfer tool. Here iCareFone Transfer is recommended. It can help you backup GBWhatsApp to computer and then you can restore the backup to WhatsApp on your new/existing phone.
Follow the steps below to transfer GBWhatsApp data to WhatsApp.
1. Connect your phones to computer and launch the tool > Choose GBWhatsApp on the home screen.
2. Confirm the source device and the target device > Click Transfer.
3. Follow the screenshots’ guide to complete the transfer process.
Bonus: an easy way to transfer data to new iPhone
Now you know how to transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp. In addition to chat history, you may also want to transfer other data to your new iPhone. In this case, you can use FoneTool, one professional iOS data management tool.
This tool can help you transfer you easily transfer data from Android to iPhone after setup. Below is an example to transfer photos from Android phone to iPhone.
1. Export photos from Android phone to computer.
2. Download, install and launch FoneTool.
3. Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable > After FoneTool recognizes your device, choose Phone Transfer > Go to PC to iPhone.
4. Click Photos icon > Drag the photos to the box or you can click anywhere in the box to select the photos you need.
5. Finally, click Start Transfer to transfer photos to your new iPhone. It will not erase any existing photos or any other data on the device.
FoneTool provides many useful features to help you better manage iPhone data. If needed, you can go to Phone Backup to backup important data from iPhone to computer.
FoneTool also supports WhatsApp transfer from iPhone to iPhone. Next time, you can use FoneTool to transfer WhatsApps from iPhone to iPhone quickly.
This is all about how to transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp. GBWhatsApp is one unofficial version and your security is not guaranteed. If you are not impressed, it’s a good choice to go back to normal WhatsApp. Hope one of the methods in this guide can help you transfer data from GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp successfully.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad