WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging in the world, which is used by billions of people on a daily basis. The app lets to connect with all your family, friends, coworkers, clients, etc. in one place. However, if you want to separate your personal life and work, you may want to know how to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone.
When you go to the Settings of WhatsApp, you cannot find a button to let you configure another account inside the app. Can you create two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone? Although WhatsApp does allow you to use two accounts, there are some workarounds can around the restriction. Just keep reading to see how to have 2 WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone.
Can you have two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone?
One phone number can create one WhatsApp account. If you have two phone numbers, then you create two accounts. However, WhatsApp does not allow you to use two accounts on the same device. Besides, unlike Android, there is no way to clone WhatsApp on iPhone.
But fortunately, you can configure your other account with WhatsApp Business - the official business-oriented version of the app. In addition, there are some third-party apps that can also help you add two WhatsApp accounts in one iPhone.
How to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone
Let’s start to see how to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone. You can read first and then choose one to follow according to your situation.
Way 1. How to add two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone via WhatsApp Business
WhatsApp Business is one free WhatsApp version designed for businesses but anyone can use it. This app offers all features on the regular version, in addition, it also comes with a few additional features, such as auto-replies. It can be your first choice if you want to create two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone. You can follow the steps below to configure your other account.
1. Go to App Store to download WhatsApp Business.
2. Open WhatsApp Business > Tap Agree & Continue to accept the Terms of Service.
3. Tap Use a different number > Enter your phone number > Tap Done > Yes to confirm.
4. Enter the OTP you received > Choose to restore backup or not.
5. Type your name > Choose Not a business and tap Done.
6. Set your preferences and tap Next.
7. Tap Not Now and that’s it.
Way 2. How to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone via third-party tools
There are quite a few third-party apps that allow you to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone. The app works as a mirror for another device that already has a WhatsApp account. That’s to say, you need to have a second phone that is already logged into another account.
1. Download Messenger Duo for WhatsApp from App Store.
2. Open the app and it will show you a QR code.
3. On your another phone, open WhatsApp > Go to Settings > Choose Link a Device > Scan the QR code on your main iPhone.
After that, you will be able to use your second WhatsApp account inside the app.
Bonus: how to easily backup and transfer WhatsApp chats
In order to separate your personal and professional lives, you want to know how to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone. Fortunately, with the help of WhatsApp Business or some third-party apps, you can easily add your second account.
If you want to use third-party apps to achieve the goal, you may need to transfer WhatsApps from iPhone to iPhone. In this case, how to make it?
To quickly transfer WhatsApp to another iPhone, you can use FoneTool, one professional iPhone data management tool. With the WhatsApp Transfer feature, you can transfer all chats in one click. Click the download button to get FoneTool and try it by yourself.
1. Open FoneTool > Connect your two iPhones to computer via the cable.
2. Choose WhatsApp Transfer > Confirm the source device and the target device > Click Transfer Now.
3. Click Confirm on the pop-up window > If asked, enter your passcode on the source device to start the transfer.
When the transfer is complete, the target iPhone will be restarted automatically. Then you need to do some settings to access Home screen.
FoneTool also can help you backup and transfer other files. For example, you can go to Phone Transfer to transfer data between iPhone and computer/another iPhone.
That’s all about how to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone. If you use Dual SIM on your iPhone or have an active SIM card on another device, then you can create two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone. Generally speaking, you can use WhatsApp Business to connect to your clients and customers.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad