How to Backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
This guide will show you how to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone. Whether you want to backup all or selected chats, you will find a way to do it here.
Can you backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone?
WhatsApp is an important part of our social life. It contains all the important chats and knows all the secrets. Therefore, it is necessary to backup WhatsApp regularly to ensure data security. If you have another iPhone on hand, can you backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone? Fortunately, the answer is YES!
Here in this guide, I’ll tell you all the info about WhatsApp backup from iPhone to iPhone. You can make use of these methods to backup WhatsApp from your current iPhone to a new or old iPhone. Without further ado, let’s start to see how to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone!
Way 1. How to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud
iPhone data can usually be backed up to iCloud and WhatsApp is no exception. So you can take advantage of iCloud to achieve WhatsApp backup from iPhone to iPhone. This is also a good choice if you want to know how to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to new iPhone.
You can first backup WhatsApp with iCloud on your current iPhone and then move the backup to another one. Below are the detailed steps.
Step 1. Backup WhatsApp to iCloud
Open WhatsApp > Go to Settings > Chats > Chats Backup and tap Back Up Now to create a backup immediately. When the backup is complete, you can transfer this backup to another iPhone.
📝 If you meet any problem, you can refer to this How to fix WhatsApp could not complete backup on iPhone guide to find some solutions.
Step 2. Transfer WhatsApp to another iPhone
- Sign in with the same Apple ID you used to create the backup.
- Go to Settings > your name > iCloud to turn on iCloud Drive.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp > Open WhatsApp and verify your account.
- When WhatsApp finds your backup, tap Restore Chat History > Tap Next when it says XXX Messages Restored and it will restore your media in the background.
📝 WhatsApp backup and restore requires enough storage space to work. The space available in your iCloud and iPhone should be at least 2.05 times larger than the backup.
Way 2. How to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
Although iCloud supports WhatsApp backup from iPhone to iPhone, there are some requirements you need to meet. If you don't have enough iCloud space or want to back up WhatsApp to an iPhone using a different Apple ID, iCloud may not be a good solution. In these cases, you may want to know how to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud.
Fortunately, iCloud is not the only option for WhatsApp backup. There are many third-party transfer tools that can help you backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone in any situation. Here we take FoneTool as an example. This professional iPhone data management tool can help you backup the entire WhatsApp from iPhone to another one.
● Move all WhatsApp data. Transfer WhatsApp chats with all attachments including photos, videos, audio, documents, sticker, etc.
● Transfer WhatsApp between different accounts. It is able to transfer WhatsApp from one Apple ID to another or transfer WhatsApp to another phone number.
With a stable USB connection, WhatsApp backup from iPhone to iPhone can be done quickly. Just follow the steps below to backup your WhatsApp.
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool > Connect your iPhones to computer via the USB cables.
2. After FoneTool recognizes your devices, choose WhatsApp Transfer > Confirm the source device and the target device > Click Transfer Now.
3. View the notes and click Confirm if everything is OK > If asked, enter your passcode to start the transfer.
- Please do not unplug two devices until it says the transfer is complete.
- The target iPhone will be restarted automatically. After that, follow the on-screen prompts to do some things and then you can check the WhatsApp messages.
📝 FoneTool can also help you backup other data from iPhone to iPhone. If needed, you can go Phone Transfer to move the data you need.
- To backup everything to another iPhone, please choose iPhone to iPhone.
- You can also choose iPhone to PC to export data to PC, USB flash drive, or external drive as a backup.
Way 3. How to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone via email
If you want to backup one or two important chats, then you can choose to send them to another iPhone via email. WhatsApp has a built-in feature that helps you export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to email. The exported messages will be saved in .txt format, which you can easily view on any device. Let’s see how to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone using email.
1. Open WhatsApp > Find the chat you want to export.
2. Tap the name of the chat > Select Export Chat > Choose Attach Media or Without Media.
3. Select Mail app > Enter your email address and send it.
4. Go to another iPhone, check the email inbox and download your WhatsApp messages.
- You can only export one chat at a time. If you want to export several chats, you can repeat these steps.
- WhatsApp only allows you to export 10,000 messages with media files and 40,000 messages without media files. When you find that you can’t export large WhatsApp chat, you may try to delete some unimportant messages.
That’s all about how to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone. In most cases, you can backup WhatsApp to iCloud on the source iPhone and then restore the backup on the target iPhone to achieve the purpose. If iCloud is not a viable option for you, then you use FoneTool to backup entire WhatsApp messages or take advantage of email to backup selected chats.
Hope you have a clear understanding of WhatsApp backup from iPhone to iPhone after reading this guide!
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported