How to Export WhatsApp Chat from iPhone to Email
This guide will show you how to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to email. In addition, you will also learn another quick way to export WhatsApp chat as a backup.
Why do you want to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to email?
It’s safe to say that WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging platform in the world. If you use WhatsApp a lot, there is no doubt that there is a long list of conversations, including personal privacy and business issues. And sometimes you may need to share WhatsApp messages with your family, friends or colleagues. So you want to know how to forward WhatsApp messages from iPhone to email.
In addition, those messages are important so you can’t and don’t want to lose them. With the risk of data loss due to app crashes, iOS upgrades, and other unexpected accidents, it’s also a good choice to email important WhatsApp messages to yourself as a backup. In this case, how to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to email?
Here in this guide, you will get all the details about how to email WhatsApp chat from iPhone. You can email the WhatsApp messages to others or export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC as a backup.
How to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to email
With the Export Chat feature of WhatsApp, you can export WhatsApp chat via email including messages, pictures, videos and more. However, you can only export one conversation at a time. Here are all the details about how to email WhatsApp chat from iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone > Go to the chat you want to export.
2. Tap the name of the chat > Choose Export Chat under Contact Info > On the pop-up window, select Attach Media or Without Media. If you want to export photos or videos in the chat, please choose Attach Media.
3. Choose Mail option > Enter the email address and tap the Send button to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to email. After that, the WhatsApp files you selected will be sent to the email address.
- Your text messages will be sent in .txt format and the media files will be sent in .mp4 format.
- You can only export up to 40,000 recent messages without media and 10,000 recent messages with media. If you find that you can’t export WhatsApp chat, then you may have exceeded the limit. In this case, you can delete some messages or try the next method to export your chats.
📌 Can you import WhatsApp chat from email?
This is almost impossible. The exported messages are saved in .txt format and it’s challenging to reintegrate them into a format that WhatsApp can read. If you want to export WhatsApp chat as a backup and transfer them back to iPhone one day, you can refer to the next part to get the solution.
Another easy way to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone
Now you already know how to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to email. However, exporting messages via email may not be a good idea for you.
The Export Chat feature only allows you to export one conversation at a time. Meanwhile, the exported files cannot be imported into WhatsApp again. If you want a more efficient way to export WhatsApp, then you can turn to WhatsApp transfer tool for help.
FoneTool is one professional iPhone data management tool for Windows users. Its WhatsApp Backup feature can help you export your entire WhatsApp chat history to computer quickly. What’s more, the exported messages can be transferred back to iPhone.
Let’s see how to use this tool to export WhatsApp chat.
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool> Connect your iPhone to computer via a USB cable.
2. Choose WhatsApp Manager > Go to Backup WhatsApp and click Get Started.
3. Enable backup encryption and select a storage path > Click Start Backup to backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to PC.
4. When it’s done, click View to check your WhatsApp messages.
By the way, when you upgrade to a new iPhone, you can rely on choose WhatsApp Transfer to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone directly.
💡 FoneTool can also help you transfer contacts, text messages, photos and more between iPhone and computer.
This is all about how to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to email. Usually, you can use the Export Chat feature of WhatsApp to forward WhatsApp messages to email. It can help you transfer one conversation at a time. However, the exported files cannot be imported to iPhone again.
If you want to export a large number of messages or want to import the messages to iPhone in the future, you can use a third-party transfer tool to export your chat.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported