Want to export large WhatsApp chat?
WhatsApp is probably the most popular instant messaging app for personal and business. Without a doubt, there are a lot of important messages on WhatsApp and sometimes we need to export the chat. Maybe you want to export the messages to computer as a backup or maybe you want to share the chat with others.
When only a few lines of dialogue are needed, we can simply take a screenshot. However, what if you want to export a long WhatsApp chat history? In this case, screenshotting all conversations would be very time-consuming. So you want to know how to export large WhatsApp chat, right?
Can you export large WhatsApp chat?
The answer is YES! There are proven ways to help you export large WhatsApp chat on iPhone and Android phone.
Usually, you can make use of the built-in feature of WhatsApp to export WhatsApp chat via email. The Export chat feature allows you to export messages as well as media files. However, it may not a good choice if you want to know how to export WhatsApp chat without limit.
📝 Can you export messages more than 40,000?
The truth is that Whatsapp has a limit on how many messages you can export. You can only export 10,000 messages with media files and 40,000 messages without media files. But never more than 40,000 messages.
If you want to export WhatsApp chat more than 40000, you can use a third-party tool to achieve the goal. With such a tool, you can export as many WhatsApp messages as you want. By the way, these tools usually help you export WhatsApp chat from iPhone/Android phone to PC.
How to export large WhatsApp chat on iPhone/Android without limit
When you want to export WhatsApp chat more than 40,000 or want to export all chat history, then you can use WhatsMover. It’s one trusted and user-friendly program that can help you export WhatsApp chat without limit.
• Unlimited Chats Export. It allows you to export large WhatsApp chat without limit.
• Preview Chat before Export. You can read and then choose the messages you need.
• Export Everything in the Chat. Messages, photos, videos, audio files, documents, etc.
The exported chats can be saved in HTML, CSV/XSL or PDF format, which makes it easy for you to read them on computer or use them further. Now let’s start to see how to export large WhatsApp chat on iPhone/Android with this tool.
1. Launch the tool > Connect your phone to computer via a USB cable.
2. After the tool recognizes your phone, choose Back Up WhatsApp on Devices > Click Back Up and wait for the process the finish.
3. Select Restore/Export WhatsApp Backup > Choose the backup you created before > Click Export to Computer.
4. Now you can check your WhatsApp chats > Select the export path and format > Click Export to move them to computer.
If needed, you can click Restore to Device button to transfer WhatsApp to another phone. Or if you want to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone directly, you can use FoneTool. Its WhatsApp Transfer feature can help you move all files in WhatsApp in one click.
How to export WhatsApp chat with 4000 messages
If you want to export no more than 40,000 messages, then you can make use of the Export Chat feature to export WhatsApp messages on your iPhone or Android phone. The exported file is a ZIP file containing .txt documents. If you attach media, the media file is in .mp4 format.
How to export large WhatsApp chat on iPhone
1. Open WhatsApp > Tap the chat you want to export.
2. Tap the name of the chat > Choose Export Chat > Select Attach Media if you also want to export pictures and videos.
3. Choose Mail > Enter the email address and send it.
How to export large WhatsApp chat on Android
1. Open WhatsApp > Go to the chat you want to export.
2. Tap the three-dots icon on the top left corner > Choose Export chat > Select WITHOUT MEDIA or INCLUDE MEDIA as per your needs.
3. Choose the mail app > Enter the address and send it.
If you want to export more than one chat, you can repeat these steps above to export all chats you need.
That’s all about how to export large WhatsApp chat on iPhone and Android. In most cases, you can use the built-in export feature of WhatsApp to export your messages. However, it can only help you export one chat at a time and it can only help you export no more than 40,000 messages.
If you want to export messages more than 40,000 or want to export all chats at once, then you can use a third-party tool to achieve the goal.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad