WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging app in the world because of its excellent features. In addition to sending text, pictures, videos and other files, we can also make voice and video calls.
By default, WhatsApp keeps track of all the contacts you have called. However, you may accidentally delete some important contacts when you delete other contacts. In this case, how to recover WhatsApp video call history? Just keep reading to find the method.
Can we recover WhatsApp video call history?
In short, it’s possible to recover deleted WhatsApp video call history. You can get back your call history from the WhatsApp backup.
- If you are using an iPhone, you can make use of iCloud to get back deleted history.
- If you are using an Android phone, you can find the backup from Google Drive or phone’s internal storage.
- ★ Can you recover WhatsApp video call?
- The answer is No. You cannot review the WhatsApp video calls. You can recover video calls only if you have previously recorded them. By the way, there is no such feature in WhatsApp to record the call.
- You can use one third-party app like ERC to help you record the calls. If the recording is intended for personal use and the other party knows about it, it will not cause a legal dispute.
Part 1. How to recover WhatsApp video call history on iPhone
On an iPhone, WhatsApp will be backed up to iCloud. You can check to see if you have a backup. If you do, then you can uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp to restore this backup. Let’s see how to recover WhatsApp video call history on iPhone.
1. Go to Settings of WhatsApp > Chats > Chat Backup to check if you have a backup.
2. If you think that the backup has the data you need, then delete WhatsApp and install it again from App Store.
3. Open WhatsApp > Enter your phone number to verify your account.
4. Tap Restore Chat History > Tap Next when the process is complete.
Part 2. How to recover WhatsApp video call history on Android
On an Android phone, WhatsApp backs up to Google Drive and local storage.
- If you have turned on Backup to Google Drive feature, then your WhatsApp chats will be saved to Google Drive.
- If your WhatsApp is not connected to your Google account, then WhatsApp will create a local backup. Perhaps you've noticed WhatsApp will create a local backup every day at 2:00 AM.
Read on to see how to recover deleted WhatsApp video call history on Android phone.
Option 1. Recover WhatsApp video call history from Google Drive
To confirm your chats are backed up, you can go to Settings > Chats > Chat backup. If you have taken a backup, it will show the time when the last backup was completed. You can deduce from this time whether the backup contains the files you need.
Here’s how to recover WhatsApp video call history from Google Drive.
1. Delete WhatsApp on your phone and install it again.
2. Open WhatsApp > When asked, enter your phone number to verify your account.
3. When the backup is found, WhatsApp will ask you if you want to restore the backup or not, just choose Restore > Tap Next when it’s complete.
Option 2. Recover WhatsApp video call history from local backup
WhatsApp automatically backs up your data to internal storage every day. If there is no backup in Google Drive, then you can try to recover WhatsApp video call history from the local backup.
1. Check if there is a backup. Open the file manager app > navigate to Internal Storage (or SD card) > WhatsApp > Databases and you should see all the backup files.
2. Deciding which backups to restore. By default, WhatsApp will restore the latest backup. If you want to restore a previous one, you can rename the file: delete the date and number in the name. In short, the file named msgstore.db.crypt12 will be restored to WhatsApp.
3. Delete backup files in Google Drive.
4. Restore the local backup. Reinstall WhatsApp > Open it and verify your number > Tap Restore to make it.
That’s all about how to recover WhatsApp video call history. When you accidentally lost important WhatsApp call history on your phone, you can get them back from the backup. Make sure you there is a backup before deleting WhatsApp, otherwise, you will lose all your chats.
PS: To ensure data security, you can also export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC as a backup.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad