Can WhatsApp be backed up on PC?
Do you use WhatsApp most of the time to send and receive text messages and take calls, share photos, videos, etc.? Although you can enable automatic iCloud backup WhatsApp on iPhone, iCloud space can run out in a short time. As a result, to keep data safe, it is wise to backup WhatsApp frpm iPhone to PC.
Follow this guide to know how to backup WhatsApp messages from iPhone to PC. Look through them one after another, and choose one to meet your demands.
The best way to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
When it comes to backing up WhatsApp messages from iPhone to PC, it is highly recommended to try the professional WhatsApp data backup software - FoneTool.
The advantages and features of FoneTool
▪ Offline and quick backup process. The USB connection between iPhone and PC also enables you to backup WhatsApp without Internet influence and promises fast backup speed.
▪ No data loss. FoneTool provides you with an incremental backup service to keep data safe, and it doesn’t overwrite old backups when a new backup is created.
▪ Unlimited backup space. Not only local folders on PC, it also allows you to backup iPhone to NAS, external hard drive, and so on.
▪ Wide compatibility. It supports models of iPhone, including the latest iPhone 14 series, as well as iPad, and iPod.
Steps to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC via FoneTool
Step 1. Download and install FoneTool on your computer> Connect your iPhone to PC with USB > You may need to tap Trust on your iPhone to let your PC access iPhone files.
Step 2. Choose WhatsApp Manager from the homepage of FoneTool > Choose WhatsApp > Click Get Started under Backup WhatsApp.
Step 3. Enable backup encryption and select a storage path > Click Start Backup.
Step 4. When it's done, you can click View button to check the WhatsApp chats.
When you want to browse, restore, or delete the backup, you can go to Backup History page to make it.
How to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC via Email
Another not very straightforward but possible solution is to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC via Email. This method works if you want to backup part of WhatsApp chats.
To backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC via Email, just export wanted WhatsApp chats via email and check the email that includes the WhatsApp chats from your computer.
Step 1. Open WhatsApp and click the chat you’d like to backup > Tap the name of the contact > Tap Export Chat.
Step 2. According to your needs, choose Attach Media or Without Media.
Step 3. Choose Mail > Type in your email address > Click Send to export your WhatsApp chats.
Step 4. When it is done, you can go to your email client on your PC to view the WhatsApp backup.
How to backup iPhone WhatsApp to PC with iTunes
To backup iPhone to PC, you may think of utilizing iTunes. Although it cannot backup WhatsApp only, it helps backup everything from iPhone to computer.
Step 1. On your computer, download and install the latest version of iTunes for Windows.
Step 2. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to computer with USB.
Step 3. Click the icon of your iPhone in the upper left corner of iTunes > Click Summary > Back Up Now.
When the task is over, you can go to iTunes > Preference > Devices to have a check.
Bonus tip: How to backup iPhone WhatsApp chats to iCloud
If you have enough iCloud space, you can choose to enable in-app WhatsApp backup via iCloud. It helps save WhatsApp backup individually. You can backup WhatsApp on iPhone using iCloud with the following steps.
Step 1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Tap [your name] > iCloud > Make sure both iCloud Drive and WhatsApp are enabled.
Step 2. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone > go to its Settings > Tap Chats > Chat Backup.
Step 3. You can tap Back Up Now to take an immediate backup, or choose automatic backup WhatsApp by going to Auto Backup and set its frequency to daily, weekly, or monthly.
That’s all for the three ways to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC. You can make use of the data backup tool or email to save WhatsApp backup on your computer. If you don’t mind, you can utilize all iPhone files to PC using iTunes. If you have any other queries, please feel free to contact us.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad