Want to restore WhatsApp Business backup?
To help small businesses easily connect with their customers and other businesses, Meta introduced WhatsApp Business. Although it is a dedicated Business app, it is actually available to everyone. If you want to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone, then you can log in to your second account on WhatsApp Business.
No matter why you use WhatsApp Business, there is no doubt that there are many important messages. When you accidentally delete some conversations or need to switch to a new phone, it’s certain that you will want to restore WhatsApp Business backup. Here in this guide, I’ll show you all the details about how to restore WhatsApp Business backup on iPhone and Android phone.
Part 1. How to restore WhatsApp Business backup on iPhone
As an iPhone user, you can backup WhatsApp with iCloud. It’s easy to make it: just go to Settings of WhatsApp > Chats > Chat Backup and tap Back Up Now. In addition, you can turn on the Auto Backup to backup your chat at a time of your choice.
Let’s see how to restore WhatsApp Business backup on iPhone:
1. Sign into the iCloud account that contains the backup.
2. Reinstall WhatsApp Business if you are already using it.
3. Open WhatsApp Business > Enter your phone number to verify your account.
4. It will automatically detect the backup file > Choose Restore Chat History and wait for the process to complete.
Above are the steps on how to restore WhatsApp Business from iCloud. As you can see, your device should be linked to the iCloud account that has the backup file. However, what if you want to transfer WhatsApp from one Apple ID to another?
In this case, you can try FoneTool, one professional iPhone data management tool. With the WhatsApp Transfer feature, you can transfer WhatsApp from old iPhone to new iPhone directly.
1. Download FoneTool on PC.
2. Launch FoneTool and plug in your iPhones.
3. Choose WhatsApp Transfer and click Transfer Now. It will transfer the entire chat history including media files.
Part 2. How to restore WhatsApp Business backup on Android
There are two ways to backup WhatsApp Business on an Android phone: backup to Google Drive & backup to local storage. Below are the detailed steps.
Open Whats App > Tap the three-dots icon > Go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and tap BACK UP.
If you want to make a local backup, you can tap Back up to Google Drive and choose Never. In this way, the backup files will be saved to SD card. If there is no SD card, then it will back up your message to the internal storage of your phone. By the way, WhatsApp creates a local backup every day at 2:00 AM. And your phone will store up to the last 7 days of backups.
If you have a backup file ready, read on to see how to restore WhatsApp Business backup from Google Drive or local storage.
Way 1. How to restore WhatsApp Business backup from Google Drive
Most Android phone users use Google Drive to backup WhatsApp. After all, it is one of the most trusted cloud services in the world. You can follow these steps to restore WhatsApp Business backup from Google Drive on Android phone.
1. Ensure your phone is linked to the Google Drive that contains your backup. You can check if there is a backup in the Google Drive app.
2. Reinstall WhatsApp Business > Enter your phone number to verify your account.
3. It will find the backup in Google Drive and ask you to restore it or not, just tap RESTORE and wait for the process to finish.
4. Tap NEXT to proceed and it will continue to restore your media files
Way 2. How to restore WhatsApp Business local backup
How to restore WhatsApp Business from internal storage? Well, if there is no available backup in Google Drive, then WhatsApp Business will restore the local backup file. In this case, just reinstall WhatsApp to restore the backup.
By the way, you can go to Google Drive app to check if there is a backup. If there is, just delete it to ensure that WhatsApp Business will restore the local backup.
WhatsApp Business will try to restore the latest backup. If you want to restore a previous local backup, you need to rename the backup file you need.
Go to the file manager app > Find the backup file you need > Rename the file from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12. That’s to say, delete the date and number in the name.
📍 Restore local backup on new iPhone
If you want to restore WhatsApp Business on a new phone, you can first copy the backup file to phone using a computer. Or if the backup file is stored on SD card, just insert it into your new phone. Let’s see how to restore WhatsApp Business local backup on new phone.
1. Open My Files/Files/File Explorer app. If there is no such app on your phone, you can go to the store to download the file manager app.
2. Navigate to your local storage, SD card. If there is no SD card available, you may check internal storage or main storage > Choose WhatsApp Business and select Databases > Copy the backup file you need to the local storage's Databases folder.
3. Reinstall WhatsApp Business > Verify your phone number > Tap RESTORE to confirm.
That’s all about how to restore WhatsApp Business backup on iPhone and Android phone. On an iPhone, you can restore the backup from iCloud. On an Android phone, you can restore WhatsApp Business from Google Drive or internal storage. Hope you have a clear understanding of WhatsApp backup restore after reading this guide!
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad