Want to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC?
WhatsApp not only allows us to send/receive text/voice messages but also lets us share pictures, videos, documents, etc. easily. It can be said that WhatsApp contains a lot of important data.
However, iPhone storage space is limited, and to keep important conversations forever, you may want to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC. Or you may want to print them out to make a memory book. In addition, to avoid data loss, it’s also a good choice to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC. If something happens to your iPhone, all those important chats could be gone forever.
Whatever the reason, just keep reading to see how to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to PC quickly.
How to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC
There are two workable ways that can help you transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to PC. Way 1 is able to export one conversation including the media files at a time; Way 2 is able to export the entire WhatsApp chat including the media files. You can choose one to follow based on your needs.
Let’s start to see how to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC！
Way 1. Export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC via email
There is one built-in feature in WhatsApp that can help you export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC. You can email the conversation to yourself and then check the email on your computer. However, it only allows you to send one chat at a time. If it happens to meet your requirements, follow the steps below to export your chat.
1. Open WhatsApp > Find the chat you want to export.
2. Tap the name > Choose Export Chat > Select whether to attach media. If you want to export photos or videos in the chat, please choose Attach Media.
3. Choose Mail option > Enter the email address and send it to yourself > After that, you can check the email on computer and download the WhatsApp chat.
- The exported file is saved in ZIP format and has.txt text files and.mp4 media files inside.
- You can export up to 40,000 recent messages without media and just 10,000 recent messages with media. If you can’t export WhatsApp chat, you can delete some unimportant conversations or try Way 2.
Way 2. Export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC via transfer tool
If you want to export all WhatsApp conversations and attachments, then you can use professional iPhone data transfer tools such as Dr.Fone. It can export all the files in WhatsApp, including texts, photos, and videos. You can even just transfer WhatsApp videos from iPhone to PC.
With a stable USB connection, WhatsApp transfer can be done quickly. Here are the steps to use this tool to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC.
1. Open Dr.Fone on your computer > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable > Choose WhatsApp Transfer on the Home screen.
2. Click Backup WhatsApp messages > Click Start to confirm.
3. When the backup is complete, click View to check the WhatsApp backup file.
4. Now you can see the details about your WhatsApp > Choose the messages or media files you need and export them to computer.
If you also want to export other important files from iPhone to PC, you can try FoneTool. This professional iPhone data management tool can help you backup all content or just selected files. You can view your iPhone files on computer and also transfer them to your iPhone when you need them again.
In addition, it also can help you transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to iPhone.
You can click the download button to get FoneTool and give it a try.
That’s all about how to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC. If you just want to export one or two chats, then you can use the Export Chat feature of WhatsApp to do so. If you want to export multiple or entire messages, then you can rely on a professional WhatsApp transfer tool to achieve the goal.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad