[Full Guide] How to Download WeTransfer Files on iPhone
Don’t know how to download WeTransfer files on iPhone? After reading this article, you can find the answer.
Can I Download WeTransfer Files on My Phone?
Certainly! By following certain instructions, you can learn how to download WeTransfer files on iPhone. WeTransfer is widely recognized as a popular file transfer method. It is a free online platform that enables you to send large files quickly, even through email.
So when you receive some big files (like photos, videos) from WeTransfer, how do you download them? Next, we will provide detailed steps to help you save a WeTransfer file on your iPhone, let’s start to read!
How to Download WeTransfer Files on iPhone
Before using WeTransfer download on iPhone, you need to use the official application called Collect by WeTransfer. This software provides a convenient way to store and access various types of content in one place, including photos, links, songs, videos, and documents.
When you use WeTransfer to share files, notice:
- The mobile version cannot send any type of files like the desktop version.
- Can't do much else outside transfer files.
- There are a lot of limitations if you don’t use a paid version.
- It doesn’t support the transfer of encrypted files or password-protected files.
Now, let's walk through the steps to learn how to save WeTransfer files on iPhone:
Step 1. Open the App Store on your iPhone > Search and download the Collect by WeTransfer.
Step 2. Open the app and sign in. It has a free version and a paid version, you can decide to choose one of them.
- The free version has a file size limit (Maximum transfer size is 2 GB).
- The paid version supports transfers ranging from 10 GB to 20 GB and beyond per transfer.
- The paid version offers deletion functionality, but you can’t do it on the free service.
Step 3. Click the WeTransfer link you received on WhatsApp or Email. It will automatically open the Collect by WeTransfer app and start loading > After that, you can see the Save items icon and tap it.
Step 4. On the homepage, you can find the downloading of your file will start.
Step 5. Finally, they will be saved to the sort later folder.
When finish the above steps, you will know how to download files from WeTransfer on iPhone. You are also able to share the file saved in the Collect by WeTransfer app with other people, just through the button Invite and following the wizard.
Bonus tip: A Better Way to Share Different Files on iOS Device
After learning how to download WeTransfer files on iPhone, you find that using WeTransfer has many limited functions on the free version, and the download process is complex. When the large attachments of files we send are restricted and cannot be downloaded, we can consider a better file transfer way - using FoneTool.
FoneTool is a professional transfer & backup iOS tool. It provides a super fast speed to transfer data, not only between iDevices like iPhone/iPad, but also between iPhone/iPad and Windows.
- Easy to use. It is user-friendly and provides simple transmission.
- Selective and full transfer. It allows you to fully and selectively transfer data like contacts, videos, photos, music, messages, etc.
- No Size Limitation. You can send any number of transfers, and without size limitation.
- Powerful Functions. FoneTool also helps you backup and restore data, convert HEIC files, delete duplicate photos, erase iPhone data.
Now, install FoneTool and follow the steps, you can transfer and download files easily, we take transferring iPhone data to PC as an example:
Step 1. Open FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer by a USB cable.
Step 2. Select Phone Transfer > Move the mouse to iPhone to PC and tap Start Transfer.
Step 3. Click the “+” icon > Choose the files you want to transfer and click OK to confirm.
Step 4. Click Start Transfer > Select a path to save your files > And then, tap Transfer to confirm.
Step 5. Wait a few minutes, you can find the files you transferred on your PC destination.
Using FoneTool to transfer and download files is so easy, isn't it? I believe you already have learned it.
FAQs on Downloading WeTransfer Files on iPhone
In the previous article, we mentioned the full guide to solve how to download from WeTransfer to iPhone, and also shared a better way to help you transfer and download data via FoneTool. Now, you may be interested in the following questions:
1. Where are WeTransfer files stored on phones?
To keep the files you download from WeTransfer organized, the program automatically creates a folder named WeTransfer. For images, they will be saved in the Pictures folder on your device, specifically within the WeTransfer subfolder. In addition, videos that you download from WeTransfer can be found in the Movies folder on your device.
2. Can I pause and resume a WeTransfer download on my iPhone?
Unfortunately, pausing and resuming a WeTransfer download is not supported. Once you start the download, it will continue until completion. To avoid interruptions or potential issues during the process, you need to ensure that you have a stable network before downloading files.
3. What should do if WeTransfer download link is not working on iPhone?
If the WeTransfer download link not working, there are some methods you can take to solve this problem. If the below solution can't fix the problem or you think it is a waste of time, you can choose to use wetransfer alternative.
- Copy and open the link in different browsers or email clients. This can help determine if the issue is specific to the app you are currently using.
- Using a compatible browser or email client to access the link. WeTransfer supports web browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox.
- If you still can’t resolve the issue, you can reach out to WeTransfer support for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance to help you troubleshoot the problem.
That’s all about how to download WeTransfer files on iPhone. With the full guide, you can complete the process. If you don’t want to complex the download steps, you can choose FoneTool to help you share data easily.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported