How to Transfer Data from iPhone to New iPad Air/Pro/mini
Want to transfer data from iPhone to new iPad? There are 4 ways that can help you transfer apps and data from iPhone to new iPad. Read this guide to get all the details.
Can you transfer data from iPhone to new iPad?
Nowadays, it is very easy to transfer data to a new iPhone/iPad. Apple Quick Start makes it possible to transfer data during the setup process. Usually, people transfer data from an old iPhone to a new iPhone and from an old iPad to a new iPad. However, if it’s your first iPad, you may want to know how to transfer all data from iPhone to new iPad.
Can you transfer data from iPhone to new iPad? Fortunately, the answer is YES. You can Quick Start iPhone to iPad. In addition, there are other ways to help you transfer data from iPhone to new iPad. Just keep reading to find the method that works best for you.
How to transfer data from iPhone to new iPad
Here are 4 ways that can help you transfer data from iPhone to new iPad. Way 1 and Way 2 can help you transfer data with Wi-Fi; Way 3 and Way 4 can help you transfer data via cable. All of them are able to transfer apps and data from iPhone to new iPad and Way 3 also supports selective transfer.
Way 1. Transfer data from iPhone to new iPad with Quick Start
If you have an iPhone with iOS 12.4 or later, then you can use Quick Start to transfer data from iPhone to new iPad. Quick Start is one automatic setup feature that can help you set up iPad and transfer data.
- Place your iPad near your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and enable Bluetooth.
- Turn on your new iPad > Choose your language and select your location and you will see the Quick Start screen.
- On your iPhone, tap Unlock to Continue. Then an animation will appear on your iPad > Scan it with your iPhone camera > Wait for a message that says Finish on New iPad.
- Enter the password of your iPhone on iPad when asked and it will start to activate your iPad.
- Set up Face ID or Touch ID.
- On the data transfer screen, choose Transfer from iPhone option to transfer data.
- Keep two devices near each other until the data transfer is complete.
After that, you can complete the rest of the setup steps and start using your iPad.
It usually takes 1-2 hours to complete the transfer. You can go to this How long to transfer data to new iPad guide to get some tips to speed up the transfer.
Way 2. Transfer data from iPhone to new iPad with iCloud
It’s also a good choice to set up new iPad from iCloud backup. You can first backup iPhone to iCloud and then restore the backup to iPad, which can help you transfer everything. With an iCloud backup, you can transfer data from iPhone to new iPad at any time.
Usually, iCloud offers 5 GB of free storage space for each user, which is far from enough to back up your iPhone. But if you have updated your iPhone to iOS 15 or later, you can use temporary iCloud storage to transfer your data. When the backup is complete, you will have 21 days to restore the backup to your new device.
Step 1. Backup iPhone to iCloud
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Choose Get Started under Prepare from New iPhone.
- Tap Continue > Choose Move All App Data with iCloud > Tap Done and wait for the backup to complete.
Step 2. Restore backup to iPad
- Set up your iPad until you access the data transfer screen.
- Choose Restore from iCloud Backup (or Download from iCloud).
- Enter your Apple ID and password > Select the correct backup and wait for the restore to complete.
Way 3. Transfer data from iPhone to new iPad with FoneTool
FoneTool is one professional iPhone & iPad data management tool for Windows users, which can help you transfer data from iPhone to new iPad in one click. This tool is recommended if you want to:
- Transfer all data from iPhone to new iPad
- Transfer apps and data from iPhone to new iPad
- Transfer data from iPhone to new iPad without Internet
- Transfer data from iPhone to new iPad without backup and restore
With a stable USB connection, data transfer from iPhone to iPad can be done quickly. It supports all iPhone and iPad models and works well with all iOS/iPadOS versions. You can click the download button to get FoneTool.
- Open FoneTool > Connect your iPhone and iPad to computer via cable.
- Choose Phone Transfer option > Go to iPhone to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
- Confirm the source device and target device > Enable backup encryption to protect your private data, like Health Data, Fitness Records.
- Click Start Transfer to transfer data to new iPad and that’s it.
When you don't have a computer at hand, you can use FoneTool for iOS to transfer data between iPhone and iPad wirelessly. It is one mobile app that can be downloaded from App Store. The great thing is that the transfer does not require Wi-Fi or cellular data.
Way 2. Transfer data from iPhone to new iPad with iTunes
Another way to transfer data from iPhone to new iPad is to use iTunes. The whole process will be done on the computer: first backup iPhone to iTunes and then restore the backup to iPad. Please download the latest version of iTunes from Apple website or Microsoft Store.
- Backup your iPhone: Run iTunes > Plug in your iPhone > Follow the onscreen prompts to connect iPhone to iTunes > Click the Device tab > Go to Summary > Select This Computer > Click Back Up Now.
- Restore backup to new iPad: Plug in your new iPad > Go to Summary page > Click Restore Backup > Select the backup you created before.
That’s all about how to transfer data from iPhone to new iPad. All these tools can help you transfer apps and data but have different requirements. You can choose one to follow according to your situation. If you have a stable Wi-Fi connection, then it’s a good choice to transfer data wirelessly. Otherwise, you can rely on FoneTool or iTunes to transfer data via cable.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported