Want to save WhatsApp videos on iPhone?
WhatsApp is probably the most popular messaging app in the world. We use WhatsApp every day to connect with family, friends, clients, etc. For those funny or important videos, most people will choose to save them on iPhone. Even if one day we need to delete the conversation to free up space, these videos won't go away. Is this the reason you want to know how to save WhatsApp videos on iPhone?
In addition, WhatsApp let us share status within 24 hours. If you like someone else's status videos, you may also want to know how to save WhatsApp Status videos on iPhone.
Here in this guide, I’ll show you how to save received WhatsApp videos and the Status videos on iPhone. Whether you want to save all videos or selected ones, you can find a way in this article.
How to save WhatsApp videos on iPhone
Saving WhatsApp videos on iPhone is very easy. You can choose to manually save the videos you need or turn on the option to save all received videos to Photos app. Let’s start to see how to save WhatsApp videos on iPhone.
Whether you want to download several or all videos, you should give WhatsApp permission to access your photos. Otherwise, you won’t be able to save WhatsApp videos on iPhone.
Open Settings app > Tap Privacy > Choose Photos > Select WhatsApp > Tap All Photos.
Way 1. How to save a video from WhatsApp on iPhone
Most users wonder how to save a video from WhatsApp on iPhone because there is no need to download all received videos. After all, video files take up a lot of space. Here are the steps to save a single video.
Open WhatsApp > Go to the conversation that contains the video you want to save > Tap and hold the video > Tap Save and then the video will be saved to Photos app. Or you can choose the video and tap the Share button.
Way 2. How to automatically save WhatsApp videos on iPhone
It’s possible to automatically save WhatsApp videos on iPhone. Please note that it will save all received pictures and videos. If you receive a lot of videos and pictures every day, you may run out of storage space very quickly. If you still want to know how to save WhatsApp videos on iPhone with the auto-save feature, see the steps below.
Open WhatsApp > Tap Settings in the bottom right corner > Choose Chats > Turn on Save to Camera Roll.
After that, you can go to Settings of WhatsApp > Storage and Data > Photos/Video and choose to download the photos/videos using Wi-Fi or cellular. You can choose Never if you don’t want to download the pictures.
How to save WhatsApp Status videos on iPhone
WhatsApp allows us to upload images and photos to share occasions, thoughts, events, etc. with family and friends, which is known as Status. Similar to disappearing stories of Instagram and Snapchat, this WhatsApp Status will automatically disappear after 24 hours. If you come across some interesting status videos, then you may want to know how to save WhatsApp Status videos on iPhone.
The truth is that there is no download button to help you save WhatsApp status videos on your iPhone. But fortunately, you can take advantage of the built-in screen recording feature to save WhatsApp Status videos.
1. Go to Settings app > Choose Control Center > Tap the Plus button next to Screen Recording to add it to Control Center.
2. Then go to Control Center > Tap Screen Recodring to start a recording > Quit Control Center and go to WhatsApp to open the status video you need to record.
3. When the recording is finished, tap the Record button in the top left corner to stop the recording.
You can go to Screen Recordings album in Photos app to check the recorded video. If needed, you can choose the video and click the Edit button to crop out the unwanted parts.
Bonus tip: how to transfer WhatsApp videos to PC
Now you already know how to save WhatsApp videos on iPhone. After downloading the videos to your phone, you can easily view them. However, the storage space of iPhone is limited and one day you may have to delete these videos from iPhone to free up space. If you have a computer, then you can transfer WhatsApp videos from iPhone to PC as a backup.
In this case, you can rely on iCloud Drive to complete the transfer. First upload videos to iCloud Drive on iPhone and then download them from iCloud.com on computer. Below are the detailed steps.
1. On your iPhone: go to Photos app > choose the videos you want to transfer to PC > tap the Share button > choose Files > select iCloud Drive.
2. When the upload is complete, you can download the videos on your computer: open a browser and go to iCloud.com > enter your Apple ID and passcode to log into iCloud > choose iCloud Drive > find the select the videos > click the Download button to save them to computer.
However, since iCloud requires network to work. It may take a long time to complete the transfer if you want to transfer multiple videos. To quickly transfer videos from iPhone to PC, you can use a professional iPhone data transfer tool like FoneTool.
FoneTool can help you transfer videos from iPhone to PC without losing quality. With a stable USB connection, videos transfer can be completed quickly. You can click the download button to get FoneTool and give it a try.
1. Launch FoneTool and plug in your iPhone.
2. Choose Phone Transfer and go to iPhone to PC.
3. Choose Photos and choose WhatsApp videos.
4. Click Start Transfer and select a storage path.
This is all about how to save WhatsApp videos on iPhone and how to save WhatsApp Status videos on iPhone. For the received videos, you can manually save the video you need or let it download all of them automatically. For the Status videos, you can use the built-in screen recording feature to record and save them. Hope this article is helpful to you!
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad