How do I backup WhatsApp chats without uploading them on Google Drive?
- A question from Quora
Why Not Use Google Drive to Transfer or Backup Data
Using Google Drive is a common way to back up WhatsApp data, but more and more people want to find another way to back up or transfer their data. Why? Some common reasons are listed as follows:
1. It’s easy for people to run out of the free Google Drive storage space as each Google account only has 15 GB of storage shared between Google Drive, Gmail, and Photos.
2. Google Drive cannot make multiple backups, which means that you cannot keep the old and latest backups on Google Drive at the same time.
3. Best of all, many Google users find that Google leaks their privacy. The information on Google Drive is not safe and will be misused.
That’s why more and more people don’t use Google Drive to back up their data. You can use reliable alternatives to back up data in the absence of Google Drive. Read on to learn how to take a backup without Google Drive.
How to Make a WhatsApp Backup Without Google Drive
Google Drive is a great way to make a WhatsApp backup, but not all people can use Google Drive to back up their WhatsApp data. Well, there are three alternatives for backing up WhatsApp data. Let’s go through these three methods one by one so that you can understand the process of backing up WhatsApp data without Google Drive.
Method 1: WhatsApp Backup Without Google Drive Using FoneTool
FoneTool is a safe and reliable WhatsApp data backup tool that allows you to directly back up WhatsApp data (such as chats, photos, videos, etc.) without a storage limit. No matter how much WhatsApp data you want to back up, you can back up WhatsApp data from your iPhone to your PC easily.
Here is how to make a WhatsApp backup using FoneTool with just a few clicks:
Step 1: Download FoneTool and install it on your PC. Then, launch it to its main interface and connect your iPhone to your PC.
Step 2: Choose WhatsApp Manager > WhatsApp > Backup WhatsApp and then click the Get Started button. (If you need to back up WhatsApp Business data, please choose WA Business.)
Step 3: Enable Backup Encryption and click Backup Storage Path to choose a location to save the WhatsApp backup data. Then, click the Start Backup button to start backing up WhatsApp.
- FoneTool offers the Enable Backup Encryption feature. Simply put, your data is not uploaded to any server, and all data is transferred between iPhone and local PC storage.
Apart from backing up WhatsApp files, you can use FoneTool to back up iPhone photos, messages, contacts, or anything you want to back up. Best of all, you can restore and transfer backups with FoneTool in a very short time.
Method 2: WhatsApp Backup Without Google Drive via iCloud
The good news is that WhatsApp can be linked to your iCloud account to save app backups. Therefore, the way to back up WhatsApp data via iCloud is to switch to the WhatsApp settings to back up your chats, attachments, and more.
- Please make sure that you have enough iCloud space before you start backing up WhatsApp on iCloud. Typically, iCloud provides each user with 5GB of free storage for backups, and you need to pay for iCloud storage beyond that.
Here is a detailed guide on how to back up WhatsApp data via iCloud:
Step 1: Open WhatsApp on your iPhone, go to WhatsApp Settings, and then tap Chats > Chat Backup.
Step 2: Tap the Back Up Now option to back up WhatsApp data immediately or choose Auto Backup to set its frequency to Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
Backing up WhatsApp data via iCloud is a good idea when you have enough iCloud space. If you meet the iCloud backup stuck issue while performing iCloud WhatsApp backup, you can check and release iCloud storage or check if you have a stable internet connection.
Method 3: WhatsApp Backup Without Google Drive with iTunes
Can you back up WhatsApp data using iTunes? The answer is yes. iTunes backs up your WhatsApp data by making a full backup of your iPhone. WhatsApp data can be saved on the iPhone backup, but sometimes WhatsApp data may not be exported by iTunes.
But anyway, iTunes backup is also a good way to back up WhatsApp data. Please follow the steps to do that with iTunes:
Step 1: Download iTunes on your PC, connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable, and click the phone-shape icon in the main interface.
Step 2: Click Back Up Now and wait for iTunes to create a full iPhone backup.
After the backup is completed, you can find the WhatsApp backup in the iPhone backup.
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup Without Google Drive
Once the WhatsApp backup is complete, the way to restore WhatsApp backup is quite simple and easy. Here is how to restore WhatsApp backup without Google Drive:
Step 1: Choose Backup History to check the backup files by clicking the View icon.
Step 2: If the WhatsApp backup files are correct, go back to the Manage Backup window. Then, click the Restore icon to restore the WhatsApp backup on your PC.
Step 1: To restore WhatsApp from iCloud, you need to uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone.
Step 2: Verify your phone number, tap Restore Chat History, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the data recovery.
Step 1: In the Summary tab in the left pane, click Restore Backup under the Backups section.
Step 2: Choose the iTunes backup located on your PC and click the Restore button to restore your iPhone (including the WhatsApp app) from iTunes backup.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Backup Without Google Drive
For some reason, you may need to transfer your WhatsApp backup. So, how to do that? Please check the following methods to transfer WhatsApp backup without Google Drive:
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone
- Transfer WhatsApp from PC to iPhone
The Bottom Line
That’s all about how to make a WhatsApp backup Without Google Drive. In this post, you can back up WhatsApp data via iCloud/ iTunes. Besides, you can use the backup tool – FoneTool to make a WhatsApp backup. With the help of FoneTool, you can also restore and transfer WhatsApp backup easily and quickly. What are you still hesitating about? Download FoneTool and use it at once.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad