Case: Want to change WhatsApp account on iPhone
WhatsApp uses the phone number as the only means of identification. That’s to say, your WhatsApp account is linked to your phone number. When you have a new number, you may wonder how to change WhatsApp account on iPhone.
● When the phone number changes, you will also need to change the phone number in your WhatsApp account.
● WhatsApp does not allow you to have two accounts. If you want to use another phone number for WhatsApp, then you will need to switch WhatsApp account.
Fortunately, it’s easy to change WhatsApp account on iPhone. Just keep reading to get the detailed steps.
How to change WhatsApp account on iPhone
Let’s start to see how to change WhatsApp account on iPhone. When changing to another account, you may lose your current WhatsApp messages. If there are some important files, you can backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC in advance.
Option 1. Switch WhatsApp account on iPhone
If you have two WhatsApp accounts, then you may want to know how to switch WhatsApp account on iPhone. However, in fact, there is no option in WhatsApp that allows you to switch accounts.
To switch WhatsApp account on iPhone, you can choose to uninstall and then reinstall WhatsApp. In this way, you can enter your other phone number during the setup.
If you no longer want to use your current phone number, then you can also choose to delete your current account. Go to Settings > Account > Delete My Account > enter your phone number to confirm. Please note that it will delete everything. Just like you never ever existed on WhatsApp.
Option 2. Change WhatsApp phone number
If you want to change WhatsApp account on iPhone because you want to change the phone number, then you can follow the steps below to achieve the goal.
- ★ Preparation:
- Please make sure your new phone number can receive SMS or phone calls.
- Please make sure you are using a supported phone number. VoIP, Toll-free numbers, Universal access numbers and other unsupported phone numbers cannot be registered on WhatsApp. (Landlines can be registered on WhatsApp Business.)
1. Open WhatsApp > Go to Account > Change Number > Next.
2. Enter your old phone number and your new phone number > Tap Next.
3. You can turn on Notify Contacts option to notify your contacts about your new number > Tap Done.
4. Then WhatsApp will prompt you to register your new number. Just enter the verification code to complete the process. Or you can tap Call Me option to receive the verification code.
When the process is done, you can continue using WhatsApp and all the previous chats will continue to be available on your new number.
How to have two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone
You want to know how to change WhatsApp account on iPhone probably because you want to use another account on iPhone. Since there is no switch option in WhatsApp, you can uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp to sign in to another account. However, it’s kind of tedious and time-consuming.
To make things simple, you can choose to use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone. As long as you use Dula SIM or have an active SIM card on another device, then you use your second account via WhatsApp Business.
Everyone can use WhatsApp Business though it is designed for small businesses. It has all the features that WhatsApp has and offers more additional features. It’s a good choice to use WhatsApp Business to connect with your clients and customers. You can go to App Store to install WhatsApp Business and use your second phone number to sign up.
How to transfer WhatsApp chats between two iPhones
When you are going to switch to a new iPhone, you may also want to know how to change WhatsApp account on iPhone. In this case, you can first backup WhatsApp on old iPhone > restore that backup on new iPhone > change phone number to complete the transfer. Otherwise, you will lose all the WhatsApp chat.
If you do not want to spend time backing up WhatsApp - after all, it will take a long time to complete the backup if there are a large number of files, you can rely on a third-party WhatsApp transfer tool to help you transfer all chats.
In this way, you can simply sign in to your new account and then transfer WhatsApp data, which saves time and energy. Here we take FoneTool as an example to show you how to transfer WhatsApp to new iPhone.
FoneTool is one professional iPhone data management tool for Windows users.
● Its WhatsApp Transfer can help you transfer all WhatsApp data in one-click.
● Since it supports transfer between different account, it’s a good choice if you want to transfer WhatsApp to new number or transfer WhatsApp from one Apple to another.
Let’s see how to transfer your WhatsApp to new iPhone.
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool.
2. Launch FoneTool > Plug in your two iPhones > Go to WhatsApp Transfer > Confirm the source device and the target device > Click Transfer Now.
3. Check the notes, if you are all clear, click Confirm > Then enter your passcode to start the transfer.
Please do not unplug your phones until the transfer is complete. When your new iPhone restarts, you can follow the on-screen prompts to do some settings and then you can use WhatsApp as usual.
That’s all about how to change WhatsApp account on iPhone. There is no button in WhatsApp that allows you to switch to another account. If you want to switch to another WhatsApp account, you can reinstall WhatsApp to sign in to another account. Or you can take advantage of WhatsApp Business to use two WhatsApp accounts.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad