Can you recover WhatsApp messages deleted by sender?
We like WhatsApp because of its convenience when it comes to communication. With WhatsApp, we can easily send texts and share files. It also allows us to delete sent messages. The Delete for Everyone feature is a lifesaver when we send wrong messages. However, things are different when you see the “This message was deleted” on your screen.
The sender may have deleted something insignificant, but it's more likely that they deleted something very important. Furthermore, most of us are curious about what our friends send and then delete. So can you recover WhatsApp messages deleted by sender?
Well, it depends on your luck. The fact is that there are some ways that can help you recover WhatsApp messages. The more methods you know, then the better your chances of finding the deleted data. Just keep reading to learn all about how to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender on iPhone and Android.
Part 1. How to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender without any app
Let’s first learn how to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender without any app on iPhone and Android. The method varies depending on the operating system of the device.
How to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender on iPhone
On an iPhone, there are two ways that can help you see WhatsApp messages deleted by sender without any app.
See WhatsApp deleted messages by sender on iPhone via notification
If you have turned on notification for WhatsApp, then you may see WhatsApp messages deleted by sender via the notification. Although you can't see the full message, it will display enough information to give you an idea of the general content.
Please be careful when checking the notification. The message will disappear as soon as you tap the notification. You can hold down on the notification to let it display more content of the message.
Recover WhatsApp deleted messages by sender on iPhone via backup
You can also take advantage of the chat backup feature to recover WhatsApp deleted messages by sender. Go to Settings of WhatsApp > Chats > Chat Backup to see if there is a backup available. If you think this backup contains the deleted messages, then you can reinstall WhatsApp to restore that backup.
1. Delete and reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone.
2. Open WhatsApp > Enter your phone number to verify your account.
3. Choose Restore Chat History to restore the backup.
How to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender without any app on Android
Now let’s start learning how to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender without any app on Android phone.
See WhatsApp deleted messages by sender via notification
On an Android phone, you can see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender via the notification. In addition, you can check the notification log if you mistakenly cleared the notification. The notification log will tell you the name of the app, the time the app notified you, and the content of the notification. However, it’s not able to check the media files.
You can add the notification log to the home screen as a widget and check deleted WhatsApp messages: press and hold your finger on the home screen > choose Widgets > select Settings widget and place it to your home screen > open Settings widget and select Notification log to find the deleted messages.
You can also check notification history via Settings app: go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notifications > Notification History > turn on Use notification history. After that, you will able to see all future notifications, including WhatsApp messages.
Recover WhatsApp deleted messages by sender via backup
If you have turned on WhatsApp backup, check to see how to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender on Android phone via the backup.
1. Open WhatsApp > Go to Settings > Chats > Chat backup to make sure you have a backup.
2. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
3. Open WhatsApp and verify your account.
4. When it finds your backup, tap Restore to confirm.
Part 2. How to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender using app
If you can’t see WhatsApp deleted messages via the notification or the backup, then you may use a WhatsApp recovery app to help you find the deleted messages.
In fact, the deleted messages are not really gone from your phone, they are just marked as free space, waiting to be overwritten by new data. You can stop using your phone and let a WhatsApp recovery app scan your device and find them out.
Here we take iMyFone ChatsBack as an example to show you how to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender on iPhone and Android phone.
1. Download, install and launch the tool on your PC > Connect your phone to computer via the USB cable.
2. Choose Device Storage to recover data from local storage.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your phone to the tool and then start scanning.
4. When the scanning is complete, you can go to the chat to find the deleted messages. If needed, you can recover them to phone or PC.
That’s all about how to see WhatsApp deleted messages by sender on iPhone and Android phone. First of all, you can check the notification if you can find the deleted messages. If you have already clicked on the notification, you can recover the deleted messages via WhatsApp backup or data recovery software.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad