Want to transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone?
WhatsApp is an integral part of our social life. It's safe to say that most of our conversations take place through it. If you just got one new iPhone 14, then you might want to transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone. After all, WhatsApp stores a considerable amount of important chats and knows all the secrets.
Fortunately, WhatsApp provides a way to help us transfer account from old iPhone to new iPhone, however, you will need to follow some restrictions. In addition, there are quite a few WhatsApp transfer tools that can help you transfer WhatsApp account without any restrictions.
Just keep reading to see how to transfer WhatsApp account from old iPhone to new iPhone 14/13/12.
Will my WhatsApp work on a new iPhone?
For the question of how to transfer your WhatsApp account to a new iPhone, you first need to note whether you want to change your phone number.
To transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone, you can first backup WhatsApp to iCloud and then restore that backup to new iPhone. The truth is that WhatsApp backup can only be restored to the same account. When setting up WhatsApp on a new iPhone, you should use the same phone number, otherwise, WhatsApp will not able to find your backup.
Will my WhatsApp work on a new iPhone? The answer is YES. As long as you use the same phone number to sign in, then you can use restore the backup and use WhatsApp as usual.
How to transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone
Let’s start to see how to transfer WhatsApp from old iPhone to new iPhone. Here are two of the most effective methods.
Way 1. Transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone via iCloud
On the iPhone, data can usually be saved to iCloud, and WhatsApp is no exception. You can backup WhatsApp to iCloud and restore the backup at any time. Therefore, you can take advantage of this feature to transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone.
Step 1. Backup WhatsApp on old iPhone
Open WhatsApp > Go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and tap Back Up Now to create a backup immediately.
📝 If there is a problem with the backup, you can refer to this Could not complete backup in WhatsApp guide to get some solutions.
Step 2. Transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone
1. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
2. Open WhatsApp > Enter your phone number and then the verification code to verify your account.
3. WhatsApp will start finding out if you have a backup > When WhatsApp finds your backup, tap Restore Chat History to confirm.
- ★ To ensure that WhatsApp can be restored to new iPhone, you need to pay attention to the following points.
- Make sure iCloud Drive is turned on.
- Use the same Apple ID and phone number on your new iPhone.
- The available space in your iCloud and iPhone should be at least 2.05 times larger than the WhatsApp backup.
Way 2. Transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone via FoneTool
With WhatsApp backup, you can easily transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone. however, it may not be a good option for you.
- It needs enough iCloud storage to backup and restore WhatsApp. However, iCloud only provides 5GB of free storage space.
- The backup can only be restored to the same account. What if you have changed the phone number or the Apple ID?
In these cases, you may want to know how to transfer WhatsApp transfer from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud. Well, iCloud is not the only option for WhatsApp transfer. There are many third-party WhatsApp transfer tools that can help you transfer WhatsApp account from old iPhone to new iPhone in any situation, such as FoneTool.
FoneTool is one professional iPhone data management tool for Windows users. Its WhatsApp Transfer feature can help you transfer WhatsApp account from old iPhone to new iPhone in one click.
● Transfer all WhatsApp data. Transfer WhatsApp chat history with all attachments including photos, videos, audio, documents, sticker, etc.
● Transfer WhatsApp between different accounts. It is able to transfer WhatsApp messages to another phone number or transfer WhatsApp from one Apple ID to another.
You can click the download button to get FoneTool and follow the steps below to transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your old iPhone and new iPhone to computer via the USB cables.
2. Choose WhatsApp Transfer in the left pane > Confirm the source device and the target device > Click Transfer Now.
3. Check the notes and if you are all clear, click Confirm > If asked, enter the passcode on your new iPhone.
4. When the transfer is complete, you can unplug your phones > Do some settings on your new iPhone and you can use WhatsApp as usual.
📝 If you want to transfer other data, you can go to Phone Transfer. The iPhone to iPhone Transfer can help you transfer everything including WhatsApp.
That’s all about how to transfer WhatsApp account to new iPhone. Usually, you can first backup WhatsApp with iCloud and then restore that backup on new iPhone to achieve the transfer. If there is not enough iCloud storage or you want to transfer WhatsApp to another account, then you can use FoneTool.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad