Stepwise Guide: How to Change Text Message to iMessage
Wondering how to change text message to iMessage on iPhone? This article will show you the detailed steps to complete the job.
Text messaging has come a long way since the early days of mobile phones. Today, we have a range of messaging services at our disposal, and iMessage is one of the most popular among iPhone users. iMessage offers a host of features, including multimedia support, read receipts, and seamless integration across Apple devices.
If you're wondering how to make the most of iMessage, this step-by-step guide will take you through the process of how to change text message to iMessage, and we'll explore some valuable tips for managing your iPhone messages effectively.
Part 1. Overview of text message and iMessage
First of all, let’s have a brief overview of text message and iMessage you send on your iPhone.
Text Message (SMS):
• SMS, or Short Message Service, is a standard text messaging service used on mobile phones.
• SMS messages are limited to 160 characters and are typically sent through your cellular carrier. And iPhone will text green to another one.
• They are a reliable means of communication but lack the advanced features of iMessage.
• iMessage is an Apple messaging service that enables iPhone users to send text, photos, videos, and more to other Apple devices.
• iMessages are sent over the internet, which means they can be sent via Wi-Fi or cellular data.
• iMessage offers several advantages, such as end-to-end encryption, read receipts, and the ability to send multimedia messages without additional charges.
Part 2. How to change text message to iMessage
Before you can enjoy the benefits of iMessage, you need to ensure that it's enabled on your device and that you're sending messages to someone with iMessage capabilities. Here's a stepwise guide to changing a text message to iMessage:
Step 1: Check iMessage Settings
Before sending an iMessage, ensure that iMessage is turned on in your iPhone settings:
• Open the Settings app on your iPhone. Scroll down and select Messages.
• Toggle on the iMessage switch. When a window prompts, tap on OK to confirm.
Step 2: Ensure Internet Connection
iMessages are sent over the internet, so you need a stable internet connection. Make sure Wi-Fi or cellular data is enabled on your device.
Step 3: Compose Your Message
Now, compose your message as you normally would:
• Open the "Messages" app. Tap the compose button (usually a pencil icon) to start a new message.
• In the recipient field, enter the contact's name or phone number. iMessage will automatically recognize iMessage-enabled contacts and display a blue send button.
Step 4: Send Your iMessage
Here's where the magic happens: Type your message in the text field. If the recipient has iMessage, your message will be in a blue bubble, indicating it's an iMessage. Tap the blue send button (an upward-pointing arrow) to send the iMessage.
Bonus: Selectively backup iPhone message to avoid data loss
Your iPhone likely contains a range of valuable messages. And managing your iPhone messages is crucial to avoid data loss. If you are looking for a solution to backup these important messages, we’d like to recommend FoneTool.
Free download FoneTool, and let this versatile tool help you export your iPhone messages to your computer for safekeeping.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB > You may need to tap Trust on your iPhone.
Step 2. Click Phone Backup from the left pane of FoneTool > Choose Selective Backup and click Get Started.
Step 3. Check Messages and uncheck the other icons > Select the messages you want to transfer and click OK to confirm.
Step 4. Choose a place to save your messages > Click Start Backup to make it.
iMessage is a feature-rich messaging platform that enhances communication on Apple devices. It is a straightforward process to change text message to iMessage, provided you have an internet connection and iMessage is enabled in your settings. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can fully utilize the benefits of iMessage.
Moreover, selectively backing up your iPhone messages using FoneTool adds an extra layer of data protection. This ensures that your important messages are safely stored and can be easily retrieved whenever necessary. With these steps, you're on your way to becoming an iMessage pro and keeping your iPhone messages secure.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported