WhatsApp photos backup
I’d like to backup WhatsApp photos only. Is there a way that I can backup WhatsApp photos on my iPhone? Can anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
- Question from Apple Community
WhatsApp connects you to your family and friends. When you chat with them on WhatsApp, you will surely share interesting and meaningful photos, videos with each other!
And over time, you're going to accumulate a lot of data, and media files like photos are also included. Then, you may wonder whether you can backup WhatsApp photos on iPhone.
Fortunately, in this guide, you have three options to backup photos on your iPhone WhatsApp. Look through them one after another, and pick one to meet your demands.
Way 1. The best way to backup WhatsApp photos
One of the best ways to backup iPhone data like photo, videos, etc. is to save them to your computer. You can firstly save WhatsApp photos to iPhone, and let a third-party tool backup iPhone photos to PC.
Step 1. Save WhatsApp photos to iPhone Photos app
Firstly, follow the steps below to manually save wanted WhatsApp photos to iPhone camera roll.
1. Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone > Go into a chat in which photos are shared with you.
2. Long press the photo you’d like to save > Tap Save to make it.
Just in case, you can automatically download all photos from WhatsApp to iPhone by following the steps in this link: How to save videos/photos from WhatsApp.
Step 2. Backup WhatsApp photos from iPhone to PC
Now, it’s time to backup WhatsApp photos from iPhone to computer. To make the backup process simple and quick, it is suggested to utilize the professional iOS data backup tool - FoneTool.
▶ Limitless backup space. You may modify the backup destination using FoneTool to backup iPhone to NAS, external hard drives, local folders, and so on, effectively expanding backup capacity.
▶ More Files supported. With the help of FoneTool, you can enable WhatsApp photos and videos backup at the same time.
▶ Wide compatibility. FoneTool supports models of iPhone, including the latest iPhone 14, as well as iPad, and iPod.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB > Launch FoneTool, and click Phone Backup on the main interface > Choose Selective Backup and click Get Started.
Note: If you want to edit, manage, view photos on your computer, you can transfer photos to computer by clicking iPhone to PC from Phone Transfer pane.
2. Click the Photos icon to preview and select photos you downloaded from WhatsApp > Click OK to confirm.
3. Click Start Backup and your photos would be transferred to computer in seconds.
You can also try the WhatsApp backup function in FoneTool to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC from WhatsApp Manager pane to protect WhatsApp photos, as well as chat histories, documents, etc.
Way 2. Backup WhatsApp photos to Google Photos
If you prefer a cloud backup service but don’t have enough space on iCloud, then, Google photos may be a nice choice for you.
Download WhatsApp photos to iPhone by following Step 1 in the first part, then, follow the steps below to know how to backup WhatsApp photos to Google photos.
Step 1. Download Google Photos from App Store on your iPhone, install and open it.
Step 2. Click OK to allow Google Photos to access your iPhone photos.
Step 3. Follow the onscreen instruction to set up Google Photos until it asks you to choose which image quality to save.
● Choose High quality, Google Photos will compress the photos, so that you can save more photos.
● Choose Original means you’ll have a storage limit of 15 GB as same as iCloud.
Step 4. Finally, log in with your Google account. If you don’t have one, you need to create one firstly.
Way 3. Backup WhatsApp photos via iCloud
You should know that you can enable WhatsApp in-app backup and backup WhatsApp chat history to iCloud, in which WhatsApp photos are included. Although this method doesn’t backup only WhatsApp photos, you can restore those photos as well when you restore WhatsApp from iCloud.
Make sure you have enough space in iCloud and backup WhatsApp to iCloud by following the steps below.
Step 1. Go to Settings on your iPhone > Tap [your name] > iCloud > Turn on iCloud Drive and WhatsApp.
Step 2. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone > go to its Settings > Tap Chats > Chat Backup. From here, you can choose Back Up Now or Auto Backup.
Back Up Now helps backup WhatsApp chat history to iCloud immediately. While, Auto Backup enables you to automatic backup daily, weekly, or monthly.
That’s all for the three ways to backup WhatsApp photos on iPhone. You can choose to download photos from WhatsApp first, and backup these photos to computer via FoneTool or cloud service like Google Photos. You can also enable iCloud backup WhatsApp.
Hope this guide can satisfy your demands. If this guide is helpful, please share it with others.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad