WhatsApp backup images
I’d like to backup WhatsApp photos only. Is there a way that I can backup WhatsApp photos on my iPhone? Can anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
- Question from Apple Community
It has become more convenient than before to share interesting photos and videos with families and friends thanks to kinds of chat app like WhatsApp. Then, here comes an increasing demand that you may want to backup WhatsApp media files like photos on your iPhone.
Here in this guide, you will be given three options to backup WhatsApp images on your iPhone. Look through them one after another, and pick one to meet your demands.
Way 1. The best way to backup WhatsApp images to PC
To backup WhatsApp images, you may think of saving WhatsApp picture files to your iPhone first, and relying on a third-party iOS data backup tool to backup WhatsApp images to PC.
Step 1. Save WhatsApp photos to iPhone Photos app
1. Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone > Go into a chat in which you sent or received photos you want to backup.
2. Long press the photo you’d like to save > Tap Save to make it.
Just in case, you can follow the instructions in this link: How to save videos/photos from WhatsApp to automatically download all images from WhatsApp to iPhone.
Step 2. Backup WhatsApp images from iPhone to PC
Now, it’s time to know how to backup WhatsApp photos. Here the powerful iOS data backup tool - FoneTool is highly recommended, enabling you to backup files in a simple and quick way.
• Unlimited backup space. Using FoneTool, you can change the backup destination to backup iPhone to NAS, external hard drives, local folders, and so on, significantly increasing backup capacity.
• More file types supported. If you want, FoneTool allows you to backup WhatsApp images and videos at the same time. You can also backup iPhone music, messages, and contacts to PC using FoneTool.
• Keep data safe. Different from cloud services, FoneTool saves backup files locally, protecting the privacy from leaking to the greatest extent.
• Wide compatibility. FoneTool works well with iPhone, including the latest iPhone 14, as well as iPad and iPod.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB > Launch FoneTool, click Phone Backup from the left pane > Choose Selective Backup and click Get Started.
Note: If you want to edit, manage, view photos on your computer, you can choose the iPhone to PC function from Phone Transfer to transfer photos to computer.
2. Click the Photos icon to preview and select photos you downloaded from WhatsApp > Click OK to confirm.
3. Click Start Backup and your photos would be transferred to computer in seconds.
When the backup is finished, you can head to Backup History page at any time to browse, and restore the backup to your iPhone. Want to backup all WhatsApp files? FoneTool also provides you with WhatsApp backup services to help you backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC, so that you won't lose any important chat histories, attachments, etc.
Way 2. Backup WhatsApp photos via Google Photos
Google Photos is one of the mostly used cloud backup services. If you prefer a cloud backup solution to let WhatsApp backup images, download WhatsApp photos to iPhone by following Step 1 in the first part, and follow the steps below to backup WhatsApp photos via Google Photos.
Step 1. Download Google Photos from App Store on your iPhone, install and open it.
Step 2. Click OK to allow Google Photos to access your iPhone photos.
Step 3. Follow the onscreen instruction to set up Google Photos until it asks you to choose which image quality to save.
● Choose High quality, Google Photos will compress the photos, so that you can save more photos.
● Choose Original means you’ll have a storage limit of 15 GB as same as iCloud.
Step 4. Finally, log in with your Google account. If you don’t have one, you need to create one firstly.
Way 3. Backup WhatsApp images with iCloud
You should have been aware that you may activate WhatsApp in-app backup and backup WhatsApp chat history to iCloud, which includes WhatsApp images. Although you are not allowed to backup only WhatsApp photos in this way, you can restore WhatsApp from iCloud to get these photos back.
Please check you have enough available space in iCloud and backup WhatsApp to iCloud by following the steps below.
Step 1. Go to Settings on your iPhone > Tap [your name] > iCloud > Turn on iCloud Drive and WhatsApp.
Step 2. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone > go to its Settings > Tap Chats > Chat Backup. From here, you can choose Back Up Now or Auto Backup.
Back Up Now allows you to immediately backup your WhatsApp chat history to iCloud. While Auto Backup allows you to backup automatically on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
In conclusion, there are kinds of backup tool available to enable WhatsApp backup images. You can save WhatsApp backup locally using tool like FoneTool. You can also save WhatsApp images to a cloud service, like Google Photos and iCloud. If this guide helps you, please share it with others.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad