How to Achieve iCloud Desktop Sync on Mac/Windows PC
No matter whether you are using a Mac or a Windows PC and want to do iCloud desktop sync, you may need this guide to know how to sync iCloud on Mac and Windows PC in detail.
iCloud, Apple's cloud service, offers a powerful feature known as iCloud Desktop sync, allowing you to synchronize your desktop files across multiple devices seamlessly. This ensures a consistent and unified desktop experience, whether you are using a Mac or a Windows PC.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the step-by-step processes to achieve iCloud Desktop sync on both Mac and Windows platforms, empowering you to enhance your workflow and accessibility.
How to achieve iCloud desktop sync on Mac
If you are a Mac user, having the latest software is not necessary, as this option is available on all recent versions of the operating system. Ensure you are signed in to your Apple account before proceeding with these steps to learn how to sync iCloud on Mac:
Step 1. Click the Apple icon from the upper-left corner > Choose System Preferences... > Tap Apple ID.
Step 2. Head over to iCloud section from the left pane > Make sure you’ve checked the iCloud Drive option > Click on Options... to proceed further.
Step 3. Finally, check the box next to Desktop & Documents Folders, and click Done to save your changes.
After a few minutes of syncing, iCloud will have all the files from your Desktop and Documents folders. Once completed, you can access the content on other Apple devices like your iPhone and iPad using the built-in Files app. Simply navigate to the iCloud Drive directory in the Files app, and you'll find the synced files.
Any changes made to these files within the Files app will be automatically synced across all your devices, including your Mac, via iCloud within seconds. Ensure you are signed in with your Apple account on all devices to view these files.
How to complete iCloud PC sync on Windows PC
If you are using a Windows PC, you can rely on iCloud management tools to achieve iCloud desktop sync. Here in this guide, we’ll introduce both the official tool - iCloud for Windows and powerful iCloud data management software - FoneTool. Feel free to look through, and choose one to do you a favor.
Option 1. iCloud PC sync using iCloud for Windows
iCloud for Windows, provided by Apple, enables you to access and manage your iCloud data, including files in iCloud Drive on your Windows PC. It's a handy solution for users with both Apple and Windows devices who wish to maintain synchronized data across different platforms. Here's a simple three-step process for syncing iCloud Drive on Windows.
Step 1. Set up iCloud on your PC
• Download iCloud for Windows on your PC. Once the download is complete, run the installer.
• Follow the on-screen instruction to installation. When it is finished, launch iCloud for Windows.
• When prompted, enter your Apple ID and password to sign in iCloud for Windows.
Step 2. Enable iCloud Drive
• Double-click the iCloud icon in your system tray to open the iCloud for Windows settings.
• Check the box next to iCloud Drive to enable it. You can also choose to enable other iCloud features as per your need.
• Finally, click Apply to save your changes. iCloud for Windows will start syncing your iCloud Drive files to your PC.
Step 3. Sync files to iCloud Drive from PC
• Access iCloud Drive by visiting File Explorer. You’ll find it in the left sidebar. Click on it to view your iCloud files.
• Simply drag and drop files you’d like to sync to iCloud Drive to the folder, and you can access them on other devices, like your iPhone, iPad.
Just in case iCloud Drive fails to sync with Windows, you can get help from: iCloud Drive Not Syncing Windows 10/11 - Fix It Right Now!
Option 2. How to save files to iCloud from PC using FoneTool
If you find the operation of iCloud for Windows too complicated, you can choose to use a more convenient third-party iCloud data management tools FoneTool. Within one click, it can complete the download and upload task for you.
The biggest difference with iCloud for Windows is that FoneTool will only sync/download files from iCloud and iCloud Drive when you need them, which largely guarantees your privacy on Windows PCs.
Now, free download FoneTool on your computer, and follow the simple steps below to save files to iCloud from PC.
Step 1. Launch FoneTool, choose My iCloud > Sign in with your iCloud account, and enter the verification code prompted on your device to confirm.
Step 2. From here, check each icon like iCloud Drive to complete the download and upload task.
• To upload files to iCloud: Tap the Upload icon > Browse and choose the files on your PC > Click Open to confirm.
• To download files from iCloud: Choose the wanted files > Tap the Download icon > Choose a destination to save them, and tap Download again to make it.
Understanding the step-by-step processes outlined in this guide empowers you to seamlessly integrate iCloud Desktop sync into your workflow. Whether you are a Mac user looking for a consistent desktop experience or a Windows PC user seeking cross-platform access, iCloud Desktop sync provides a versatile solution for file synchronization. For any queries, suggestions, or feedback, please feel free to contact us.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported