Why is WhatsApp Business suddenly not working?
WhatsApp Business is a very important app in today's world. You use WhatsApp a lot to keep communication with your customers. But sometimes, you may encounter the WhatsApp Business not working issue on your iPhone or android phone. It just keeps crashing, working, or being unable to run.
If your WhatsApp business can't work properly, you can check the possible reasons below and you can find the solution.
• Internet issue: WhatsApp relies on an Internet connection to build communication with your contacts. If you don't have a stable Internet environment, it can't perform properly.
• Too many caches on your device: Software cache helps the app to launch fastly. But a large bunch of caches has a negative influence on the performance of WhatsApp Business.
• Incorrect permission settings: WhatsApp Business needs some permissions to achieve its functions. If the permission is not set correctly, the WhatsApp Business can't work.
• Software glitch: If your WhatsApp Business suddenly not working after updating, there may be a bug on the new update.
How to fix WhatsApp Business not working on iPhone & Android phone
Now you have known the common causes of this problem. Here we provide you with 6 solutions to help you fix this issue.
Solution 1. Check the Internet environment
The stable running of WhatsApp business requires a stable and strong Wi-Fi environment, so please check if your networking is working well. And you can turn off and turn on your Wi-Fi / cellular data.
Solution 2. Restart your device
Lots of phone issues can be fixed by restarting your iPhone or android phone. You can also restart your phone to fix the "WhatsApp business keeps crashing" problem or other similar issues.
How to restart an iPhone
►For iPhone 8 and later models: Press the volume up button and release. Then press the volume down button and release. Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo shows. Shut down your iPhone and start it.
►For iPhone 7 series: Press and hold both volumes down and sleep/wake button. When the Apple logo shows, release the buttons.
►For iPhone 6 and older models: Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/wake button. Then the Apple logo appears, and release the button.
How to restart an Android phone
Press and hold the Power button for like 5-8 seconds until you see a Restart button appearring on the screen. Tap the Restart button and your device will be restarted immediately.
Solution 3. Clear WhatsApp Business cache
WhatsApp Business cache junk files is a memory that stores temporary data so WhatsApp can load and work faster. However, if you have big cache files, it can affect the performance of the WhatsApp Business. It can be the reason why WhatsApp Business not working. Sometimes, it can make WhatsApp business not responding.
How to clear WhatsApp Business cache on an Android phone
1. Go to “Settings” > “Apps” > “All apps”.
2. Locate the WhatsApp > tap “Storage & Cache”.
3. Choose “Clear cache”.
Note: The specific steps of clearing cache on Android can be slightly different on different phone. Usually, you can find the option on the Settings.
How to clear WhatsApp Business cache on an iPhone
iOS does have a one-tap way to clear the app cache like Android phone. When your WhatsApp business cache is too big, you can uninstall and reinstall the app. You can go to “Settings” > “General” > “Storage” > “WhatsApp Business” and delete the app. Then install it on your App store.
Solution 4. Check WhatsApp permission
If you put WhatsApp on a specific restriction, some features of WhatsApp can become not working. You can check your permission settings with following the steps.
For Android phone
Step 1. Go to “Settings” and tap “Apps”.
Step 2. Choose “Manage app” and find “WhatsApp.
Step 3. Tap “Add Permissions” on the screen. You can view all the permission.
For iPhone users
Step 1. Go to “Settings” and locate WhatsApp.
Step 2. Here you can view the permissions listed. Now you can turn on some option according to your need.
Solution 5. Sync Data & Time Settings
Some scenarios show that syncing data and time settings can be a good solution when WhatsApp Business not working well. It may be because WhatsApp requires correct data and time setting to work with the server.
• Sync Data and time on iPhone: Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Data & Time” > “Set Automatically”.
• Sync Data and time on an Android phone: Go to “Settings” > “Data & Time” > Set Time Automatically”.
Solution 6. Install the older or latest version of WhatsApp
If your WhatsApp Business not working after updating to the latest version, it may be because of an unknown issue with the new version. But WhatsApp does not allow users to directly downgrade the app once they install the latest version.
But if you are an iPhone user and have an iTunes backup on your computer beforehand, you can restore your iPhone from computer backup to downgrade WhatsApp. But you may lose some other data in this way.
In addition, if there is a newer update after you find your WhatsApp Business can't work, they may fix this problem on the new version. So you can go to the App Store or Google Play to update the latest WhatsApp.
When you have the WhatsApp Business not working issue on iPhone or Android, you can try the above 6 solutions. Hope this post can really help you.
By the way, if you want to transfer WhatsApp messages transfer to new iPhone, here we would like to recommend a professional WhatsApp data transfer tool. It helps you easily transfer WhatsApp data.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad