Can you move ringtones from iCloud Drive to iPhone?
How to set ringtone in iPhone from iCloud Drive
I have some custom ringtones in iCloud Drive. How to transfer ringtones from iCloud Drive to iPhone so I can set them as iPhone ringtones? Any help would be appreciated.
- Question from Apple Community
There are lots of default ringtones for you to choose from. In addition, you can go to Tone Store to buy the ringtones you like. However, if you already have a great ringtone collection, then there's no need to waste money. Like this user, you have your ringtones saved in iCloud, then how to get ringtones from iCloud Drive to iPhone?
If you have tried, then you will find that you can’t move ringtone from iCloud Drive to iPhone directly. There is no option to set your ringtones as iPhone ringtones. But it does not mean you can’t set ringtone in iPhone from iCloud Drive. To achieve the goal, you need to rely on one app. Just keep reading to learn more.
How to get ringtone from iCloud Drive to iPhone
If you want to set ringtone in iPhone from iCloud Drive, one app called GarageBand is needed. It’s one digital audio workstation for iPhone/iPad/Mac users developed by Apple, which allows users to create podcasts and music files. It usually comes as a native app but you can download it from App Store if you don’t find it on your iPhone.
- Have the GarageBand app installed on your iPhone.
- Have downloaded ringtone from iCloud Drive to your iPhone. If there is a cloud icon, then it means the file has not been downloaded yet. Simply tap the cloud icon to download it.
Let’s start to see how to get ringtones from iCloud Drive to iPhone.
Open GarageBand app
Tap GarageBand to run the app > Tap TRACKS option > Choose KEYBOARD.
Tap Project icon and then then the Loop icon that closes to the top-right corner of the screen.
Add ringtone to GarageBand
Chose Files > Tap Browse items from the Files app > Find the ringtone you need > Choose the ringtone > Then long-press the ringtone to import it to GarageBand.
Trim the ringtone
Tap on this track and drag both ends to trim the audio. It should be less than 30 seconds.
Save the ringtone
Tap the Downward Arrow icon in the upper left corner > Choose My Songs > Long-press the ringtone > Tap Share > Choose Ringtone option.
Set iPhone ringtone
Name the ringtone if needed > Tap Export > Choose Use sound as... > Now you can set the ringtone as phone ringtone, text tone, or for a specific contact. Or you can tap Done and go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone to change ringtone on iPhone at any time.
Bonus: easily transfer music from computer to iPhone
Cloud storage services like iCloud Drive not only help us store files but also help us transfer files. Maybe your ringtones were originally stored on your computer, and then you uploaded them to iCloud Drive so you could access them on iPhone. Similarly, you can also take advantage of iCloud Drive to transfer music from computer to iPhone.
However, you cannot move files from iCloud Drive to iPhone directly. You can rely on GarageBand to get ringtones from iCloud Drive to iPhone but there is no app that can help you get Music from iCloud Drive to iPhone.
If you dislike iTunes and want an easier way to transfer music between computer and iPhone, then try FoneTool. It’s one professional iOS data management tool for Windows users. With FoneTool, you can transfer both purchased and non-purchased songs without erasing the existing data.
Here is an example to transfer MP3 to iPhone.
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool > Connect iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
2. Click Phone Transfer > Choose PC to iPhone option and click Start Transfer.
3. Click the Music tab > Simply drag and drop the files into the box or you can click the box to find the songs stored on your computer.
4. Finally, click Start Transfer and that’s it. When it’s done, you can go to Apple Music app to check your song.
FoneTool can also help you transfer videos, photos and contacts between iPhone and computer. In addition, there is one mobile app - FoneTool for iOS, which can help you transfer data between two iPhones wirelessly. If needed, you can go to App Store to get the tool.
That’s all about how to get ringtones from iCloud Drive to iPhone. With GarageBand, you can easily set ringtone in iPhone from iCloud Drive and it also can help you convert other songs on iPhone to ringtone. In a word, you can rely on GarageBand to convert any standardized audio files to iPhone ringtones even voice recording from your loved one.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad