iPhone Complete Backup and Restore to New Phone
This guide will show you detailed instructions on iPhone complete backup and restore to new iPhone using iCloud, iTunes, as well as a third-party tool to restore backup to new iPhone after setup.
The prospect of transitioning to a new iPhone is both exciting and, at times, daunting. However, the evolution of technology has provided us with robust solutions to make this process seamless. In this article, we will explore three methods for iPhone complete backup and restore to a new phone: utilizing iCloud for a wireless and effortless experience, relying on the tried-and-true iTunes for a computer-based approach, and leveraging FoneTool for a one-click, comprehensive backup and restore solution.
iPhone complete backup and restore to new phone - iCloud
iCloud, Apple's cloud-based service, offers a convenient way to back up your iPhone wirelessly and restore it after you activate the new iPhone. Generally speaking, you have only 5 GB of free storage space, but since 15, Apple offers free temporary iCloud storage to help you create an complete backup for iPhone. Here are the detailed steps you can follow.
Complete backup iPhone with iCloud
Keep in mind that this backup won't stay on iCloud permanently. You have 42 days to restore from it, but it will disappear after 7 days from the restoration.
Go to the Settings app on your old iPhone > Choose General > Locate the Transfer or Reset iPhone box and tap Get Started to start a complete backup.
Restore iCloud backup to new iPhone
• Activate your new iPhone and follow the onscreen instructions to set up your new iPhone.
• When you head to the Apps & Data page, choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
• Enter your Apple ID and passcode to verify your account. Choose the backup you want to restore.
• When asked, sign in with your account to restore your purchases and apps.
Stay connected to Wi-Fi, wait for the process to complete, finish the setup, and enjoy your new iPhone.
iPhone complete backup and restore to new phone - iTunes
iTunes, a stalwart in iPhone management, allows users to create complete backups of their devices and restore them to new iPhones. Different from iCloud, the backup and restore process is not impacted by the network, and your computer has sufficient space to store all backups.
Make sure you have the latest iTunes installed on your computer by going to iTunes Help > Check for Updates. Then, follow the steps below to know how to backup iPhone to computer and restore to new phone via iTunes.
Create the latest iPhone complete backup via iTunes
• Connect your old iPhone to computer with USB and launch iTunes.
• Click the device icon under menu bar > Choose Summary > Optionally, check Encrypt local backup > Tap Back Up Now to get a new backup for your old iPhone.
Restore backup to new iPhone
• Set up your new iPhone until you access the Apps & Data screen. Choose Restore from Mac or PC.
• Connect your iPhone to computer via USB cable. On the Welcome to Your New iPhone screen, choose Restore from this backup > Select the right backup and click Continue.
• If the backup is encrypted, enter the password. Keep iPhone connected to computer until the process is done.
One-click complete backup and restore to new iPhone - FoneTool
FoneTool, a third-party tool designed for iOS device management, offers a one-click solution for complete iPhone backups and effortless restoration to new devices.
Different from iCloud and iTunes, it provides you with two backup solutions, which are Selective Backup and Full Backup. With super fast backup and restore speed, you can feel free to save selected or all data to your new iPhone.
It also supports:
✅ Restore iPhone from backup after setup
✅ Transfer data from iPhone to iPhone without backup
✅ Backup and restore from one Apple ID to another
Can’t wait to try this tool? Free download FoneTool by clicking the icon below, and we will show you how to complete iPhone complete backup and restore to new iPhone with it.
Step 1. Full backup old iPhone with FoneTool
• Turn on FoneTool on your PC > Connect your old iPhone to the computer with a USB cable > Click Trust on your iPhone.
• Choose Phone Backup > Full Backup > Click on Get Started.
Enable backup encryption if you needed > Set the backup password> Click OK. Finally, tap Start Backup to begin the task.
Step 2. Restore full backup to new iPhone
To restore backup to new iPhone, just plug your new iPhone into computer, head to the Backup History page in FoneTool, locate the backup you just created, tap the restore icon to make it.
After restoring data, if you plan to dispose of your old device to avoid data leakage, FoneTool supports permanently erasing old iPhone data for enhanced security.
Each method for iPhone complete backup and restore to a new phone caters to different user preferences and situations. iCloud offers wireless convenience, iTunes provides a traditional yet reliable approach, and FoneTool introduces a one-click solution for those seeking efficiency and control.
Choosing between wireless backups, computer-based management, or a third-party tool depends on your individual preferences and needs.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported