How to Recover Deleted Phone Numbers from WhatsApp iPhone
This guide will show you how to recover deleted phone numbers from WhatsApp on iPhone. Whether you have a backup or not, you will find a solution here.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging apps in the world. Like Telegram and Signal, WhatsApp uses the phone number as the only means of identification and connects people around the world.
Usually, WhatsApp will automatically detect and add WhatsApp contacts from the address book on your iPhone. In addition, you can also add a new account from an unsaved number you have chatted with or from groups. In short, you can contact anyone - as long as you know their phone numbers.
However, sometimes you may accidentally delete an unsaved phone number and thus lose contact with that person. In this case, you may want to know how to recover deleted phone numbers from WhatsApp on iPhone.
Can you recover deleted phone numbers from WhatsApp on iPhone?
The answer is YES! When you lose unsaved phone numbers, there are two ways to get them back.
Way 1. Recover deleted phone numbers from WhatsApp backup. Although WhatsApp does not back up contacts, it does back up all chats. If the backup contains the chat with the phone number, then you can restore the backup to recover the chat log and therefore get back the phone number.
Way 2. Recover deleted phone numbers with data recovery tool. How to get back deleted numbers on WhatsApp if you do not have a backup? In this case, you can use a WhatsApp data recovery app. These apps will deeply scan your device to find all deleted chats.
You can keep reading to learn more details about how to recover deleted phone numbers from WhatsApp on iPhone.
Way 1. How to recover deleted phone numbers from WhatsApp from backup
Let’s first see how to get back deleted numbers on WhatsApp from backup. If there is a backup available, then you can uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp to restore that backup to restore your lost phone numbers.
You can open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup to see if you have a backup. If so, you will see when the last backup was done. If you think this backup may contain the chat you need, then you can restore this backup by following these steps.
1. Reinstall WhatsApp. (Please don’t uninstall WhatsApp if there is no backup, otherwise, you will lose all the chats.)
2. Open WhatsApp and verify your account.
3. It will ask you if you want to restore the backup, just click Restore Chat History > Tap Next when you see XXX Messages Restored.
- WhatsApp backup can only be restored to the same account. Therefore, make sure you use the same Apple ID and phone number that you used to create the backup.
- The restoration requires enough storage space to work. Please make sure the space available in your iCloud and iPhone should be at least 2.05 times larger than the backup.
Way 2. How to recover deleted phone numbers from WhatsApp without backup
Are you in any of the following situations?
- Want to recover deleted phone numbers but there is no backup
- Want to recover deleted phone numbers but the backup does not contain the chat you need
- Want to recover deleted phone numbers but do not want to restore all the WhatsApp chats
In these cases, you can turn to professional WhatsApp data recovery software. To help users easily recover WhatsApp data, many technicians have developed WhatsApp recovery tools. These tools will deeply scan your device to find all deleted files in WhatsApp.
AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS is one of the software that has a high rate of contact recovery. It will find and list all deleted WhatsApp chats for you to choose from. That’s to say, you don’t need to recover all WhatsApp data but only the phone numbers you need. Let’s see how to retrieve deleted phone numbers on WhatsApp via this tool.
1. Download, install and launch the tool > Connect your iPhone to your PC via the USB cable.
2. Click on the Scan Now button and the tool will scan your iPhone to find lost/deleted WhatsApp chats, history, photos, videos, and other files.
3. When the scanning is completed, preview and select the files you want to recover > Click Recover to retrieve the data.
That’s all about how to recover deleted phone numbers from WhatsApp on iPhone. If you have backed up your WhatsApp in advance, then you can restore that backup to get back the lost phone numbers. When there is no backup or the backup does not contain the chats, you can rely on a WhatsApp data recovery tool to find the phone numbers you need.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported