[2023 Updated] How to Clone from Android to iPhone
This guide will tell you how to clone from Android to iPhone, including the methods to clone specific types of data.
Can you clone from Android to iPhone?
Transferring data from an Android to iPhone can be challenging due to their different operating systems. Can you clone Android to iPhone. Fortunately, the answer is Yes. There are ways to complete this task smoothly.
You can use Move to iOS to clone from Android to iPhone during the setup process. In addition, you can clone specific types of data after setup. Let's explore how to clone from Android to iPhone!
Part 1. How to clone from Android to iPhone - Move to iOS
Move to iOS app is highly recommended if you want to clone from Android to iPhone. This app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. The best part is that it operates wirelessly.
- Move to iOS can help you transfer almost all content and settings, including contacts, calendars, message history, WhatsApp messages, photos (including photo albums), videos, files (including folders), some settings (like accessibility and display), and your email accounts.
- It's important to note that Move to iOS can only help you clone Android to iPhone during the setup process. If you want to transfer data from Android to iPhone after setup, you will either need to start over or manually transfer your files.
Now, let's take a closer look at how to clone from Android to iPhone using the Move to iOS app:
- Set up your iPhone until you access the Apps & Data screen > Choose "Move Data from Android" option.
- Open the Move to iOS app on your Android phone > Read and accept the terms and conditions presented in the app.
- On your iPhone, wait for the "Move from Android" screen to appear, then tap "Continue".
- Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear on your iPhone > Enter this code on your Android phone.
- Tap "Connect" on your Android phone to join the temporary Wi-Fi network created for the transfer.
- Select the content you want to transfer from your Android phone to your iPhone, then tap "Continue" to clone from Android to iPhone.
Part 2. How to clone contacts, music, photos from Android to iPhone
Move to iOS can only help you transfer data during the setup process and it can only help you transfer everything. If you do not want to restart the setup process or want to transfer selected files, you can use other tools to help you manually clone from Android to iPhone.
Way 1. Clone from Android to iPhone - FoneTool
FoneTool, a comprehensive tool, offers seamless iOS data management capabilities. This powerful tool is able to transfer data between iPhone and Android. With the easy steps, you can import the files from your Andriod to your iPhone.
● Transfer multiple types of data. It is able to transfer photos, contacts, videos, and music.
● Selective transfer. You have the convenience to select the specific files that you wish to transfer.
● No data erasing. It will not delete any existing files on your iPhone during or after the transfer.
You can click the link to download FoenTool for Android, and scan the QR to install FoneTool for iPhone. Then below is an example to clone contacts from Android to iPhone.
- Open FoneTool on the Android phone and iPhone > Let FoneTool use WLAN (It just needs to turn on the Wi-Fi, but no need to connect to a Wi-Fi network) > Go to Connect Device.
- On the Android, tap Connect to iOS > Connect two devices by scanning the QR code using the iPhone.
- Go to File Transfer on the source Android > Tap Contacts > Select the files you wish to clone to iPhone > Click Send to start transfer.
- Finally, click Confirm on the iPhone when your iPhone asks for a conformation.
Way 2. Clone from Android to iPhone - SHAREit
If you do not have a computer at hand, then you can use SHAREit to clone from Android to iPhone wirelessly. This convenient application allows you to transfer various types of data between Android phone and iPhone.
SHAREit enables you to effortlessly share contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, documents, and it even can help you transfer apps from Android to iPhone. Moreover, the transfer process can be completed wirelessly, making it a hassle-free experience.
Let’s start to see how to clone Android to iPhone with SHAREit.
- Install the SHAREit app on both your Android device (via the Google Play Store) and your iPhone (via the Apple App Store).
- Connect two devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the SHAREit app on both your Android and iPhone.
- On your Android device, tap the Send button > Choose the files you wish to send > Tap Next to continue.
- On your iPhone, tap the Receive button to establish a connection between your Android and iPhone devices > After that, your iPhone will be visible as a device on your Android phone.
- Simply select the iPhone device on your Android and the selected files will begin transferring to your iPhone.
FAQs about cloning from Android to iPhone
What is the easiest way to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone?
Answer: The easiest way to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone is by using the FoneTool, which can help you transfer all or selected contacts easily.
Can I transfer my photos and videos from my Android phone to an iPhone?
Answer: Yes, you can transfer photos and videos from your Android phone to an iPhone. One way to do this is by using a computer to transfer the files via FoneTool or by using cloud storage services like Google Drive or iCloud.
Can I transfer my music and playlists from my Android device to an iPhone?
Answer: Yes, you can transfer music and playlists from your Android device to an iPhone using tools like iTunes or third-party apps such as FoneTool, SHAREit, Xender.
Will my apps be transferred from Android to iPhone?
Answer: While some apps may have versions available for both Android and iPhone, you'll generally need to download and install them individually on your iPhone.
How can I transfer my WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone?
Answer: Unfortunately, transferring WhatsApp chats directly from Android to iPhone is not supported by WhatsApp itself. However, there are third-party tools available that claim to facilitate this transfer process.
What if I have other data, like notes and documents?
Answer: Yes, you can transfer notes and documents from Android to iPhone. You can either use cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox to sync your files across devices.
That’s all about how to clone from Android to iPhone. If you want to clone everything, then Move to iOS is the best choice. If you want to clone specific types of data, then you can use FoneTool or SHAREit. The former can help you to complete the transfer without the network.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported