[4 Quick Ways] How to Transfer Files from Samsung to PC
This guide will show you how to transfer files from Samsung to PC. Whether you want to transfer data wirelessly or use a USB cable, you can find a way to do it here.
Moving important files from your smartphone to a safe location is essential to avoid potential losses caused by phone crashes, virus attacks, or accidental deletions. By taking this precaution, you can ensure that your files are safe and can be easily recovered whenever necessary.
Transferring a single Samsung file to your PC may not seem tedious or challenging, but what about managing hundreds of thousands of files? Indeed, transferring Samsung files to your PC is a valuable method to protect important data and free up storage on your phone. To simplify the process, we have compiled five reliable and effective solutions that can help you transfer files from Samsung to PC.
Transfer files from Samsung to PC using USB cable
Transferring files from a Samsung device to a PC can be done easily by using a USB cable. This method is straightforward and efficient.
Transfer files from Samsung to PC via File Explorer
The built-in file explorer on Windows has the ability to identify your connected device as a USB storage device, allowing you to effortlessly transfer files from Samsung to PC using USB cable. To achieve this, follow these instructions:
1. Connect your Samsung phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Wait for your computer to recognize the phone. Once connected, a notification will appear on your phone presenting various options. Choose the "File Transfer" option.
3. On your computer, open This PC > click on your Samsung phone to expand its contents. Select "Internal Storage" and navigate through the folders.
4. Choose the desired files and copy them. Navigate to the destination folder on your hard drive and paste the files into it. For example, if you want to transfer photos from Samsung to PC, you can go to DCIM folder to find the photos you need.
Transfer files from Samsung to PC via Smart Switch
To effortlessly transfer your important data between your Samsung device and computer, you can rely on the efficient file-transferring tool known as Smart Switch. Not only does it facilitate seamless file transfers, but it also offers the convenience of data backup and restoration.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to transfer files from Samsung to PC using Smart Switch:
1. Download Samsung Smart Switch on your PC. Once the installation is complete, establish a connection between your Samsung phone and computer using a USB cable.
2. Launch Smart Switch on your computer, and the application will automatically detect and read the data from your Samsung phone.
3. To initiate the file transferring process, you'll need to create a backup of the content from your phone and save it on your computer. Simply click on the "Backup" option to proceed.
4. Smart Switch will present you with a list of data types that can be backed up. You have the flexibility to either select all items or choose specific files that you wish to transfer. Once you have made your selections, click on "Backup" to initiate the process.
5. Be patient while the data backup takes place, as it may require a few minutes to complete. Once finished, you can easily access and manage the transferred files on your PC.
Transfer files from Samsung to PC wirelessly
Occasionally, your computer may face challenges when attempting to connect to a USB cable. In this case, you can use Bluetooth or cloud storage service to help you transfer files from Samsung to PC wirelessly.
Transfer files from Samsung to PC via Bluetooth
You can use Bluetooth to transfer files from Samsung to PC wirelessly. However, it is important to note that the transfer speeds may be relatively slow and the computer and phone need to be in close proximity to ensure a strong connection. If you need to transfer a large number of files, it is advisable to explore alternative solutions.
Step 1. Turn on Bluetooth
- On your phone, navigate to Settings and tap on Connections. Then, toggle the Bluetooth switch to turn it on.
- On your computer, click on the Start menu and go to Settings. From there, select Devices and then Bluetooth & other devices. Toggle the Bluetooth switch to turn it on.
Step 2. Pair Samsung to PC
Once both devices have Bluetooth enabled, your phone will start scanning for nearby Bluetooth connections. Look for your computer's name on the list of available devices. When you find it, tap on your computer's name to pair the two devices. To ensure a secure connection, you may be prompted to verify a pin.
Step 3. Transfer files via Bluetooth
- After successfully pairing your phone and computer, open the My Files app on your phone. Browse through your files and select the ones you want to transfer to your PC.
- At the bottom of the page, you'll find the Share option. Tap on it to bring up the share panel. From there, choose the Bluetooth option.
- A list of available devices will appear. Select your computer from the list. This will initiate the file transfer process via Bluetooth.
Transfer files from Samsung to PC via Google Drive
Cloud storage simplifies the process of file sharing. This option will be useful when you want to transfer files from Samsung to PC wirelessly. First upload files to cloud on Samsung device and then download files from the cloud on PC. Here we take Google Drive as an example.
1. Open Google Drive app on your Samsung device. Look for the Plus button located in the bottom right corner and tap on it. This will bring up a new menu. From the options available, choose "Upload".
2. Now, you can select the files you want to upload from the provided list. Please be aware that larger files may take a bit more time to complete the upload process.
3. To download a file from your Google Drive, open drive.google.com on your computer and ensure that you are logged in with the same Google account as your phone.
4. Once you're logged in, locate the file you wish to download and right-click on it. From the options that appear, select "Download" and the file will then be saved to your computer.
That’s all about how to transfer files from Samsung to PC. There are various options available for you to choose from based on your preference. Ideally, wireless transfer is the most convenient method, while the wired transfer method is more suitable for handling large files.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported