Transfer Photos from Samsung to PC with or without USB
This guide will tell you how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC. Whether you want to complete the transfer with or without USB cable, you will find a way to do it here.
Want to transfer photos from Samsung to PC?
Photos hold our precious memories so it's vital to protect these precious moments. Deleting photos from your phone to make space is not advisable, to ensure the safety of our photos, we can transfer them to our computer.
Samsung, being the top Android smartphone brand, is widely favored by customers. Surprisingly, a considerable number of Samsung users do not know how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC. This can be attributed to the decentralized nature of the Android ecosystem, resulting in different brands accomplishing the task in different ways.
If you happen to own a Samsung device, this article will prove to be invaluable in guiding you through 4 different methods to easily transfer photos from your Samsung phone to your PC.
How to transfer photos from Samsung to PC with USB
To transfer photos from Samsung to PC, using a USB cable is a straightforward method. USB cables serve not only as charging cables, but also enable file transfers between your phone and computer.
This is especially useful when your internet connection is weak or unavailable. With a suitable USB cable, you can effortlessly transfer your photos from your Samsung device to your PC. Keep reading to discover how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC with USB.
Transfer photos from Samsung to PC via File Explorer
1. To connect your phone to the computer, simply use a USB cable and click "Allow" on your Samsung device.
2. Once connected, bring down the notification panel on your phone and tap on "USB for file transfer".
3. On the USB settings page, you have two options to choose from: "Transferring files/Android Auto" or "Transferring images". Make your selection based on your needs.
4. Now, on your computer, open "This PC" and locate your phone's name under the Drives section. Give it a double click. Find the DCIM folder, where your photos are stored. From there, you can either select and copy entire photo folders or specific photos that you want to transfer. Paste them into a folder on your PC.
Transfer photos from Samsung to PC via Smart Switch
Samsung offers its own transfer service known as Smart Switch, designed to facilitate seamless file transfers between Samsung devices. To enhance its functionality, Samsung has launched the Smart Switch for PC program.
This program allows users to transfer various files, including photos, messages, contacts, and more, from their Samsung device directly to their computer. Let’s see how to use Smart Switch to transfer photos from Samsung to PC.
1. Download Samsung Smart Switch on both your Windows PC and your Samsung device.
2. Once completed, launch the program and connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
3. Select the "Backup" option. This will display a list of all the items that can be backed up to your PC. You can either choose the "Images" item specifically or click "Select all" in the top left-hand corner and then click "OK".
4. After selecting the desired backup option, the program will initiate the process of backing up your photos onto your device. It is important to wait patiently for the backup process to fully complete. Once finished, you can click "OK" to acknowledge its completion.
5. To view the photos or files that have been backed up using Smart Switch on your PC, locate and click the three-dots icon in the top-right corner of the Smart Switch menu. From the drop-down list, choose "Preferences" to access further options and settings.
6. Now you can go to the backup location or click Details to check your photos.
How to transfer photos from Samsung to PC without USB
When you don't have a USB cable at hand, you may want to know how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC without USB. There are two workable methods.
Transfer photos from Samsung to PC via Bluetooth
For those with a Bluetooth-capable PC, it is possible to import photos from a Samsung phone to a computer using this feature. Unfortunately, it must be noted that most desktops do not come equipped with Bluetooth functionality. However, laptops can utilize this method to successfully complete the transfer.
Step 1. Enable Bluetooth on devices
- On your Samsung device, navigate to the "Settings" menu and locate the Bluetooth icon > Tap on it to access the Bluetooth settings. Ensure that all devices are enabled to detect your Samsung phone.
- On your computer, simply press the Windows key + A on your keyboard to open the Center panel, then activate the "Bluetooth" option.
Step 2. Pair your Samsung phone to PC
- On your PC, Launch the Bluetooth.
- Locate your Samsung phone and select it for pairing.
- Confirm the connection by clicking "Yes" on your computer and then tapping "OK" on your Samsung device.
Step 3. Transfer photos from Samsung to PC via Bluetooth
- On your computer, go to "Send or receive file via Bluetooth" and select "Receive files".
- On your Samsung device, choose the specific photos you wish to share > Tap "Share" and then "Bluetooth" > Select the name of your PC.
- After that, your PC will automatically start receiving the photos and you can select a path to save them.
Transfer photos from Samsung to PC via Google Drive
Google Drive is a popular cloud storage service. This user-friendly tool generously provides 15GB of storage space for free, making it one of the most generous of all other available cloud storage options. It can be an excellent choice for users who want to transfer photos from Samsung to PC wirelessly.
Step 1. Upload photos to Google Drive
- Access Google Drive on your Samsung device. Simply open the app, then tap on the Plus button. This will bring up a menu, where you should select the option to upload a new file.
- Now, it's time to choose the specific photos you wish to transfer. Select the photos you want, and wait for them to finish uploading. Be patient as this process may take a few moments depending on the size of the files.
Step 2. Download photos from Google Drive on PC
- Once your photos are successfully uploaded to Google Drive, it's time to switch to your PC.
- Open your preferred browser and navigate to the Google Drive website > Sign in to your account.
- Find the photos you uploaded before. To download them, right-click on the selected photos and a menu will appear. From the options provided, choose "Download".
- Specify a location to save the photos.
That’s all about how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC with or without USB. The method you choose will ultimately depend on your personal preference and convenience.
You can manually transfer the photos by connecting your phone to the computer via a USB cable. Or you can rely on Bluetooth or cloud storage services to transfer photos from Samsung to PC wirelessly.
💡 PS: If you find it a hassle to share photos with friends who use iPhones, check out this article: [5 Ways] How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to iPhone
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported