[4 Ways] How to Transfer Photos from Samsung Tablet to PC
This guide will show you how to transfer photos from Samsung tablet to PC. Whether you want to transfer all or selected photos, you will find a way to do it here.
Too many files stored on your Samsung tablet can lead to poor performance and a slower running device. Fortunately, there is a solution to free up space without deleting your precious photos.
By learning how to download photos from Samsung table to PC, you can ensure that your photos are safely backed up while deleting them from the tablet. In this article, we will guide you through 4 simple methods to transfer photos from your Samsung tablet to PC. Keep reading to find the one that suits your needs best.
Way 1. Transfer photos from Samsung tablet to PC via File Explorer
Photos can be easily transferred from a Samsung tablet to a computer using a USB cable. This method is both straightforward and reliable. When using a USB cable to transfer data, particularly photos, from your tablet to your PC, you can rest assured knowing that your data's security is not compromised.
Let’s start to see how to transfer photos from Samsung tablet to PC via USB cable.
1. To begin, you can connect your Samsung tablet to your Windows PC by using a USB cable.
2. Your computer will detect the device and you will receive a notification on your tablet. Simply choose the "File Transfer" option as the preferred mode of connection.
3. Once that is done, open "This PC" on your computer and locate your device.
4. Within your tablet's storage, locate and select the desired photos. You can then manually copy and paste these photos into your PC's storage.
Way 2. Transfer photos from Samsung tablet to PC via Smart Switch
Samsung has specifically designed Samsung Smart Switch to help users easily transfer data between Samsung devices as well as other compatible phones and computers. With the convenience of Samsung Smart Switch, you can seamlessly transfer videos, pictures, and other files without encountering any unnecessary complications.
Here are the steps to transfer pictures from Samsung tablet to PC using Smart Switch.
1. Download and install Smart Switch onto your PC. Once installed, launch the program and connect your tablet to the PC using a USB cable.
2. To select the specific data you wish to transfer, tap on the "MORE" option, followed by "Preferences". From there, navigate to the "Backup items" tab and choose the desired data types. Once you've made your selection, confirm by tapping on the "OK" icon.
3. To initiate the transfer process, simply click on the "Backup" icon. Smart Switch will then proceed to transfer your files from the tablet to your PC.
4. When the backup is completed, you can go to the backup location to check your pictures.
Way 3. Transfer photos from Samsung tablet to PC via Bluetooth
In the event that you find yourself without a USB cable, fret not! There is still a way to download photos from Samsung tablet to PC, and that is Bluetooth. However, it is important to note that the speed of this transfer method is considerably slower.
If you want to send a single file or photo from your tablet, Bluetooth can serve its purpose adequately. However, we caution you not to rely on Bluetooth to transfer lengthy videos or large numbers of photos.
Step 1. Enable Bluetooth on devices
- On your tablet, go to the "Settings" menu > Look for the Bluetooth icon and tap on it. This will allow you to configure your Bluetooth settings. Make sure that all devices are enabled to detect your Samsung phone.
- To activate the Bluetooth option on your computer, you can simply press the Windows key + A on your keyboard to open the Action Center panel. From there, you can enable the "Bluetooth" option.
Step 2. Pair your Samsung tablet to PC
- Launch Bluetooth on PC and select your Samsung tablet to establish a connection between the two devices.
- Next, you'll encounter a prompt requesting you to accept the connection. Keep an eye out for a pop-up message on your phone displaying a unique pairing code.
Step 3. Transfer photos from Samsung tablet to PC
- Firstly, select the desired photos you want to share.
- Next, tap on the "Share" option, followed by selecting "Bluetooth". From there, choose the name of your PC.
- To receive a file from a device via Bluetooth on your PC, begin by right-clicking on the Bluetooth icon located in the Taskbar. Then, select "Receive a file" option.
- After that, choose the device from which you are receiving the file. The file will be transmitted and saved to the "Documents" folder on your PC.
Way 4. Transfer photos from Samsung tablet to PC via USB drive
If you happen to own a USB Drive, then you have the power to effortlessly transfer any file stored on your tablet to PC. However, it is crucial to verify that the flash drive you is indeed compatible with the ports of your tablet. Otherwise, you may need to purchase a USB adapter in order to complete the transfer.
Step 1. Move photos to USB drive
- Connect the drive to your Samsung Tablet > Access the device and locate the icon labeled "My Files", "Samsung My Files", or "Files Manage".
- Navigate to the folder that contains your pictures, choose the desired images, and store them in a designated folder on the flash drive.
- Once completed, remove the flash drive from the phone using the proper removal method.
Step 2. Transfer photos to PC
- Connect the USB flash drive to PC.
- After the connection is established, proceed to access the drive.
- Within the drive, locate the folder that contains your photos.
- Now, it's time to copy the folder to your computer.
By performing these actions, you will be able to successfully transfer photos from Samsung tablet to PC.
That’s all about how to transfer photos from Samsung tablet to PC. Which method you decide to use depends on your personal preference and convenience.
If you have a USB cable on hand, then you can take advantage of File Explorer or Samsung Smart Switch to complete the transfer. If there is no USB cable available, you can use Bluetooth or a USB flash drive to help you.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported