How to Transfer Music from Windows Media Player to iPhone
This guide will show you how to transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone, including the method without using iTunes.
Can you transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone?
How do I transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone?
I want to transfer some songs to my iPhone 14 from Windows Media Player but there is no button to let me do so. How can I make it? Thanks in advance.
- Question from Reddit
You probably use Windows Media Player a lot to listen to music on your computer, after all, it is the default media player for Windows PC. Now you want to transfer music from computer to iPhone, but find that Windows Media Player does not allow you to do so.
Can you transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone? In fact, you cannot download music from Windows Media Player to iPhone directly. To achieve the goal, you need to use iTunes, third-party transfer tools or cloud storage services. Just keep reading to get all details.
How to transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone
iTunes can be the first choice when it comes to iPhone music transfer. However, due to the disadvantages of iTunes, you may wonder how to transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone without iTunes. In this case, you can choose to use third-party transfer tools or cloud storage services.
Preparation: find the music files in Windows Media Player
Open Windows Media Player > Right-click a song > Choose Open file location to find out the location of your songs.
Way 1. Transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone with iTunes
If you prefer to add music to your iPhone in the traditional way, then iTunes is the way to go. However, you may lose the existing songs on your iPhone. If you don’t mind, follow the steps below to transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone.
Step 1. Add music to iTunes
- Download iTunes from Apple website or Microsoft Store.
- Click File from the menu bar > Click Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library.
- Choose the music files or file location > Click Open to add them to iTunes library.
- When it’s done, you can go to Recently Added or Songs to check your music.
Step 2. Sync music to iPhone
- Plug in your iPhone > Follow the onscreen prompts to connect iPhone to iTunes.
- Click the Device tab.
- Choose Music > Check Sync Music > Choose to sync entire music library or selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.
- Click Apply to confirm and your songs will be synced to Apple Music app.
Way 2. Transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone with FoneTool
iTunes will erase the existing songs during the sync. Besides, it does not support transfer between different accounts - you can’t transfer music from your family’s computer to your own iPhone.
If you want an easy and safe way to download music from Windows Media Player to iPhone, you can try a third-party transfer tool such as FoneTool. It’s one professional iPhone data management tool for Windows PC.
You can click the download button to install FoneTool on computer and follow the steps below to transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your iPhone to computer via cable.
2. After FoneTool recognizes your device, choose Phone Transfer > Go to PC to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
3. Click Music icon > Drag and drop the songs to the box, or you can click the box to locate the folder that stores your songs.
4. Finally, click Start Transfer. Your songs will be transferred to Apple Music app.
Way 3. Transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone wirelessly
With the help of cloud storage services, you can transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone wirelessly. The files in the cloud can be accessed on any device, so you can upload the songs to the cloud first and then download them on your iPhone.
Here we take iCloud Drive as an example. You can access iCloud Drive via the Files app so you do not need to download any app. If you want to use Google Drive or Dropbox, you can go to App Store to install the app.
1. Upload music files to iCloud Drive: open a browser and go to iCloud.com > sign into your account with your Apple ID and passcode > choose iCloud Drive > click the Upload button to upload the songs you need.
2. Download songs on iPhone: go to Files app > open iCloud Drive and you will see your songs.
That’s all about how to transfer music from Windows Media Player to iPhone. You can rely on iTunes or FoneTool to download music to Apple Music app. Or you can take advantage of cloud storage services to transfer music to iPhone wirelessly.
iTunes only supports computer-to-iPhone transfer. If you want to easily transfer data between iPhone and computer, FoneTool is a better choice. It can also help you easily share files with family and friends!
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported