How to transfer data between two iPhones through FoneTool?
Transfer Through FoneTool Desktop App
This function will make a full backup of the source iOS device and then restore to the target iOS device, so all original data in the target iOS device will be overwritten.
Step 1. Click "Phone Transfer", mouse over the "iPhone to iPhone" icon and click "Start Transfer".
Step 2. The source and target devices will be listed. You could enable backup encryption to encrypt data in source device.
Step 3. Click “Start Transfer” to begin the transfer.
It will transfer your photos, contacts, call history, text messages, memos, calendars, Safari (history, bookmarks), applications (data files, preference), system settings to the target iOS device. These data will not be transferred:
Contents of iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV.
PDF, books, audiobooks and other files in Apple Books.
Contents synced from Finder or iTunes, such as imported music, videos and photos.
Data that has been stored in iCloud, such as photos, text messages and contacts in iCloud.
Lock screen password, Face ID and Touch ID settings.
Apple Pay information and settings.
Contents of Mail.
Step 4. When the transfer is complete, your target device will be restarted automatically. After restarting, you will find that all the contents have been copied from the source device to the target device.
1. After the transfer is completed, the backup password of the source iOS device will be saved to the target iOS device.
2. The system version of the target iOS device cannot be lower than the source iOS device.
3. The remaining space of the target iOS device cannot be less than the used space of the source iOS device.
4. Since a full backup of the source iOS device is required during the transfer process, please make sure your computer has enough disk space.
Transfer Through FoneTool iOS App
If you want to transfer Photos, Music, Videos and Contacts to another iOS device directly without PC, you can install FoneTool iOS App on both devices and begin the transfer easily.
Step 1: Install FoneTool iOS App on both devices from Apple App Store.
Step 2: Allow FoneTool iOS App to access your local network, Photos, Contacts, Apple Music and media library.
Step 3: Click "Connect Device" to automatically search for other iOS devices, and click on the avatar to establish a connection.
Step 4: Go to "File Transfer", select the files you want to transfer and click "Send".
Step 5: The files will begin to transfer, and you can go to "Transfer List" to view the progress of receiving and sending.
1. During the transfer process, please keep FoneTool on both devices in the foreground, and do not lock the screen, otherwise the connection will be disconnected.
2. FoneTool supports the transfer of music in MP3\M4A\M4B\M4R\FLAC\AAC\WAV\AIF\AIFF formats, but it does not support the transfer of music downloaded in Apple Music, like M4P\M4V\MOVPKG.
3. The transferred photos and contacts will be saved in the Photos and Contacts application, however, due to the limitations of iOS system, the received music and videos cannot be stored in Music and Videos applications, FoneTool will store them in the sandbox. They can be found in "Received Music", "Received Videos" in FoneTool, and can be played through FoneTool's player directly.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Deduplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 17/16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 15 (Plus)/15 Pro (Max)
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max)
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad