How to Manage Backups in FoneTool?
In FoneTool, it manages all backups of a device by Versions. Each time a backup is performed, a new backup version will be generated.
You can cancel a backup by clicking the "Cancel" button when a backup is running.
Click the "Browse" button on the task to view the backed up data.
After a backup is completed successfully, we can quickly locate the storage location of the backup files by clicking the "Locate Backup" button.
When you no longer need a backup, you can choose to delete the backup file. There are two ways to delete it: delete one backup version and delete all backup versions.
1. Delete one backup version
Click "Manage Version" to enter the version management screen.
Choose a backup version and click "Delete". It should be noted that if the data of this backup version is associated with the data of other backup versions, only the task of this backup version will be deleted, the data will not be deleted.
2. Delete all backup versions
Click the "Delete" button on the task to delete all backup versions of the device. This function will only remove all backup versions without deleting corresponding files. In this case, you can import files into the program when necessary.
When the backup task of a device is accidentally deleted or lost, or you want to back up the device to a new computer, you can import task of a device to FoneTool.
Click the three-lines on the upper right side of the main window, select "Import Backup Files", then browse and select the backup repository file "mblibrary.db", then the task and corresponding backup versions will be imported into FoneTool. After that, you can continue to do backup based on the task.
FoneTool also supports importing iTunes backups. The backup file created by iTunes is stored in a folder named by the device UDID. You need to select the Manifest.db file in the folder to import.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Deduplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 17/16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 15 (Plus)/15 Pro (Max)
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max)
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad