How to Transfer Music from iPod touch to New computer
This guide will tell you how to transfer music from iPod touch to new computer. Whether you want to transfer purchased or non purchased music, you will find a way to do it here.
Can you transfer music from iPod to new computer?
How do I transfer my iPod library to a new computer?
I have an iPod touch 7 and want to transfer my music to my new computer. Some songs are bought from the store, some are downloaded from other places. Any help would be appreciated.
- Question from Apple Community
Are you in the same situation as this user? Just bought one new computer and want to transfer some music from iPod to it. Well, when you upgrade to a new computer, there are several ways to help you transfer iTunes library to another computer. Since all your songs are stored on your iPod, you’d like to transfer music from iPod to new computer. So can you transfer music from iPod touch to new computer? Fortunately, the answer is YES! Just keep reading to get two methods.
How to transfer music from iPod touch to new computer
You want to know how to transfer music library from iPod to new computer probably because you want to listen to music on your computer, or want to manage your music better. Whatever the reason, you can choose to use one of the two tools metioned below to achieve your goals, depending on your situation.
Way 1. Transfer music from iPod to new computer with FoneTool
FoneTool is one professional iPhone/iPad/iPod touch data management tool for Windows users, which supports data backup and data transfer. It can help you transfer music from iPod touch to computer without any data loss.
- It helps you to transfer the whole library or only selected songs.
- It will list all the playlists so you can easily find the songs you need.
- It is able to transfer both purchased and non-purchased music to computer.
- It can transfer music at a super fast speed -100 music tracks in minutes.
With only a few clicks, the music on iPod will be moved to your new computer. Click the download button get FoneTool and start the transfer.
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect your iPod to new computer with the cable > Choose Phone Transfer > Go to iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
2. Click the plus icon to browse music on your iPod > Select the songs you want to transfer to computer > Click OK to confirm.
3. Click Start Transfer > Choose a storage path and adjust other settings > Click Transfer to start the process.
If you also want to transfer music from iPod to iTunes on new computer, you can click File > choose Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library to add your songs to iTunes.
Way 2. Transfer music from iPod to new computer with iTunes
iTunes can help you transfer music from iPod touch to new computer. However, it only supports transferring purchased songs. You can transfer music from iPod to iTunes on new computer and then download them.
1. Download the latest version of iTunes from Apple website or Microsoft Store.
2. Launch iTunes and plug in your iPod touch > Follow the onscreen prompts to connect iPod to iTunes.
3. Go to Account > Authorization to Authorize This Computer.
4. After that, click the Device icon > go to Summary > uncheck Automatically sync when this iPod is connected and check Manually manage music and videos > click Apply to confirm.
5. Click File from the menu bar > Choose Devices > Select Transfer Purchases from “XXX”.
6. Then you can go to Recently Added or Songs to check your music. If needed, you can download them to computer.
That’s all about how to transfer music from iPod touch to new computer. If you just want to transfer purchased songs, then iTunes can help you make it; If you want to transfer purchased and non-purchased songs, then FoneTool is the way to go.
PS: Be careful when using iTunes, you may lose songs because of a wrong click. Data loss can happen when you want to sync data between different accounts. Or you can use FoneTool, which is able to transfer data between different accounts.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported