[4 Ways] How to Export WhatsApp Chat from iPhone
This guide will show you how to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone. Whether you want to export some or entire chat history, you will find a way to do it here.
Want to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone?
With WhatsApp, you can communicate with family & friends and even coworkers & clients. There must be some conversations containing important texts or images. Therefore, you want to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone. Maybe you want to share some interesting videos or maybe you want to print them out to make a memory book.
Whatever the reason, here in this guide, I’ll tell you how to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone. You can read first and then choose one to follow according to your situation. Here we go.
Way 1. How to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to email
With the Export Chat feature of WhatsApp, you can export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to iPhone, Android phone or computer. However, you can only export one conversion at a time.
1. Open WhatsApp > Go to the chat you want to export.
2. Tap the name of the chat > Then choose Export Chat option > Select to export the chat with or without media. If you want to export photos or videos in the chat, please choose Attach Media.
3. Choose Mail option > Enter the email address and send it to yourself or someone else. The exported file is saved in ZIP format that contains .txt documents and .mp4 media files.
Way 2. How to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to iPhone
If you want to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to iPhone, then you can try WhatsApp transfer tools such as FoneTool. You can transfer the entire WhatsApp chat history in one click. Let’s start to see how to export chat from WhatsApp in iPhone with FoneTool.
1. Click the download button to get FoneTool.
2. Open FoneTool > Connect two iPhones to computer via the USB cable.
3. Choose WhatsApp Manager > Select WhatsApp Transfer > Confirm the source device and the target device > Click Transfer Now.
4. Click Confirm > If asked, enter the passcode on the source device to start the transfer.
After that, you need to do some settings to access Home screen and then you can go to WhatsApp to check your chat.
FoneTool not only can help you transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone but also can help you transfer other files like songs, photos, messages, etc. from iPhone to iPhone. In addition, it also supports data transfer between iPhone and computer. If needed, you can go to Phone Transfer to transfer your data to the right place.
Way 3. How to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Android
If you want to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Android directly, Android to iPhone WhatsApp transfer tool is a good choice. With MobileTrans - WhatsApp Transfer, you can complete the transfer in a few clicks.
1. Launch the tool > Connect your iPhone and Android phone to computer via the USB cable.
2. Choose WhatsApp Transfer and let the tool detect your devices.
3. Click Start to proceed.
Way 4. How to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC
If you want to backup WhatsApp from iPhone to PC, then you may want to know how to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC. In this case, FoneTool can help you make it.
The tool can help you backup entire WhatsApp messages to PC, external hard drive or USB flash drive. You can also choose to restore the backup to iPhone when needed. Below are the steps to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC.
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool on your PC > Connect your iPhone to PC with USB cable > Tap Trust on your iPhone so the tool can access your files.
2. On the home interface, click WhatsApp Manager on the left pane > Select WhatsApp Backup.
3. Select a storage path to save your backup > Enable backup encryption > Click Start Backup.
4. When the transfer is complete, you can click the View tab to check the details.
That’s all about how to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone. Usually, you can rely on the Export Chat feature of WhatsApp to export conversations to any device. However, it only allows you to export one chat at a time, meanwhile, you can only export up to 40,000 messages. If you want to export entire messages, you can try WhatsApp transfer tools to achieve the goal.
FoneTool - All-in-one iPhone Data Manager
Transfer, backup and manage data on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in an easy way.
- iOS 17 Compatible
- iPhone 15 Supported