Problem: can’t export WhatsApp chat on iPhone
WhatsApp makes it easy to get in touch with your customers, workmates, family and friends in one place. In addition, it offers the option to export some of your important chats. With the Export Chat option, you can share the chats via Messages, email, cloud storage services, etc. or export WhatsApp chat to PDF.
However, when you try to export chats, you find that WhatsApp chat export not working. What’s going on? Well, take it easy, you are not the only one who meets the WhatsApp unable to export chat problem. Just read on to learn why you can’t export WhatsApp chat on iPhone and the solution.
Why WhatsApp unable to export chat from iPhone?
The main reason why WhatsApp unable to export chat on iPhone is because of the limitations. Are you trying to transfer a lot of messages? If so, then you may find that the transfer will fail.
WhatsApp has a limit on the number of chats you can export. In short, it limits you to export only 10,000 recent messages with media and up to 40,000 messages without media files. You will never be able to export WhatsApp chat more than 40000.
In addition, lack of storage space, or cached data issues may also cause the can’t export WhatsApp chat on iPhone problem.
What to do when you can't export WhatsApp chat?
You can't export WhatsApp chat on iPhone when the chats you want to transfer exceed the limit. In this case, you can delete some unimportant conversations so that you can export your chat without any problems. Or you can try WhatsApp transfer tool to export all the chats you need.
Tip 1. Export WhatsApp chat from iPhone with WhatsMover
If you want to export a large number of chats, including media files, then you can rely on a professional WhatsApp data transfer tool, like WhatsMover. This tool is designed to help users easily backup and export WhatsApp chats. Below are some of its features and advantages.
What you can benefit from WhatsMover
• Export WhatsApp chat to iPhone/computer. You can export your chat history to another iPhone or save them to computer.
• Export all WhatsApp chats. It is able to export all chat history, including images, videos, documents, etc.
• Simple operations. It does not require any technical knowledge and you can complete the process in only a few clicks.
• Fast export speed. With a stable USB connection, your chats can be quickly transferred to the target device without being affected by the poor network.
• Protect your privacy. WhatsMover uses offline transfer and saves your data locally, which ensures that there is no possibility of your chat history being leaked over the network.
In short, WhatsMover can help you quickly export everything in your WhatsApp. It is a good choice when WhatsApp unable to export chat via email. Now let’s start to see how to use this tool. Below is an example to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to computer.
1. Download, install and launch WhatsMover > Connect your iPhone to computer.
2. After the tool recognizes your device, choose Back Up WhatsApp on Devices on the left pane > Click Back Up to start the process.
3. When it’s done, it will say that WhatsApp Messenger Backup Successful > Click Done to confirm.
4. Go to Restore/Export WhatsApp Backup > Choose your backup > Click Export to Computer option.
♦ If you want to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone, you can plug in another iPhone and choose Restore to Device option.
5. Now you can check and choose the chats you need > Click Export to save them to computer.
WhatsMover is one easy-to-use WhatsApp backup software for iPhone. If needed, you can choose to restore selected chats to iPhone and it will not erase any existing chats on the device.
Tip 2. Export WhatsApp chat from iPhone via email
Although email has a limit on the number of chats that can be exported, it is still a good and straightforward option to export WhatsApp. You can delete some conversations to avoid the WhatsApp unable to export chat issue.
1. Open your WhatsApp> Go to the chat you want to export.
2. Tap the name of the chat > On the next screen, choose Export Chat option > Choose Attach Media or Without Media depending on your needs.
3. Choose Mail option > Enter your email address and send it to yourself.
It allows you to export only one chat at a time. If you want to export multiple chats, you can repeat the steps.
You can’t export WhatsApp chat on iPhone probably because the number of chats you want to export exceeds the limit. The limit is 10,000 messages when you attach media files, and up to 40,000 messages without media files. If you do not want to delete any conversations to meet the restrictions, then you can try WhatsMover to export all the chats you need.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad