Want to transfer chat from WhatsApp to GBWhatsApp?
You probably use WhatsApp every day to connect with others. However, this excellent messaging app does not provide more functions to satisfy your needs, so you are planning to switch to GBWhatsApp. Before we dig into the details of how to transfer data from WhatsApp to GBWhatsApp, let’s learn more about GBWhatsApp.
What is GBWhatsApp?
To help users customize their WhatsApp experience, a third-party developer released a modded version called GBWhatsApp, which provides many useful features that WhatsApp does not have. You can download it from a third-party source. Below are some of the key features of GBWhatsApp.
- Users can use two WhatsApp accounts on one iPhone
- Customized the fonts, ticks, and stickers of the app
- Send different kinds of files
- Send up to 90 pictures at a time
- Send automatic replies to others
- Hide selected conversations
- Recall messages
Is it a good choice to switch from WhatsApp to GBWhatsApp?
It depends on your needs. If you want to play around and modify WhatsApp to your taste and preference, then you can give GBWhatsApp a try. However, before you make a decision, you should know its disadvantages: since it is not licensed by the original WhatsApp developers, your account may be suspended or temporarily disabled.
If after consideration you still want to give it a try, check the following part to see how to switch from WhatsApp to GBWhatsApp without losing chats.
How to transfer data from WhatsApp to GBWhatsApp
To transfer data from WhatsApp to GBWhatsApp, you should first make a backup of WhatsApp and then restore the backup to GBWhatsApp. Below are the detailed steps.
Step 1. Backup WhatsApp data
Open WhatsApp > Go to Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Tap BACK UP to make a backup immediately.
📝 If needed, you can choose to export WhatsApp chat from iPhone to PC as backup.
Step 2. Transfer WhatsApp data to GBWhatsApp
- Download GBWhatsApp from a trusted website.
- Uninstall WhatsApp (do not clear the WhatsApp data).
- Open File Manager > Find the WhatsApp folder > Rename the folder to GBWhatsApp.
- Open the folder and go to Media folder > Rename all of the subfolders. For example: WhatsApp images to GBWhatsApp images.
- Open GBWhatsApp and complete the registration process.
- After that, it will suggest you restore the backup it has found > Click Restore to transfer from WhatsApp to GBWhatsApp.
Bonus tip: how to go back to WhatsApp without losing chats
If you want to go back to WhatsApp, how to transfer GBWhatsApp to WhatsApp? How to transfer messages between different devices (iPhone & Android)? In this case, you can try Tenorshare iCareFone Transfer. There is no need to make a backup in advance, which helps save time.
1. Launch the tool > Choose GBWhatsApp on the home screen.
2. Connect your devices to computer via the USB cables > Tap Trust option on your device > Choose to Transfer GB WhatsApp to WhatsApp > Click Transfer.
3. Backup your GB WhatsApp data to computer > Click Continue when it’s done.
4. Then it will prepare for the transfer, please do not disconnect your devices.
5. Next, verify your GB WhatsApp account with your phone number.
6. Choose the data you want to transfer to WhatsApp and click Continue.
7. Wait for the transfer. If there is a large number of data, then it will take a long time.
By the way, if you want to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone in one click, you can try another data transfer tool called FoneTool. You just need to click the Transfer Now button and FoneTool can help you transfer everything in your WhatsApp.
This is all about how to transfer data from WhatsApp to GBWhatsApp. As you can see, it’s not a difficult task to transfer from WhatsApp to GBWhatsApp. As long as you have a backup of your WhatsApp, then you can quickly restore the backup to GBWhatsApp.
PS: In case of data loss, you can backup WhatsApp from iPhone to computer. In this way, you can quickly get back important messages if unexpected things happen.
FoneTool Can Do More for You
- Manage Phone Data In One Place
- iPhone Transfer
- iPhone Backup
- iPhone Data Recovery
- Erase iPhone Data
- HEIC Converter
- Photo Duplication
- WhatsApp Backup and Transfer
- FoneTool is Compatible with All iOS
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max),
- iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus,
- iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad